Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday of the Sixteenth Week in Ordinary Time - Reflection

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him
and we will come to him. Jn 14:23


Exodus 14:21---15:1
Exodus 15:8-10, 12, 17
Matthew 12:46-50
Matthew 12:46-50

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Certain groups of Christians have always relished these words You spoke concerning Your Mother and have used them as proof that You considered Your Mother, the Blessed Virgin to be the same as everyone else in the crowd. This is because they do not wish to see and there are none so blind as they.

What Catholics see is so different. We look at the whole of Mary's life before we draw conclusions. We look at the context in which You said these words. Who but Mary, Your Mother, fulfilled to perfection the will of God? From the moment of her fiat, "I am the handmaid of the Lord, let it be done to me as you have said." She is the disciple par excellence. She is matchless in humility and obedience and every one of her detractors who stubbornly hold on to their blindness, do so to their loss. 

Just as God is our Father, He has willed that we have a Mother as well and she is the Mother that He chose for all humanity. This is why You gave her to us at the foot of the Cross. Our family is complete when we take her into our home and our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment