Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday of the Fifteenth Week in Ordinary Time - Reflection

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest, says the Lord. Mt 11:28



Exodus 3:13-20, Psalm 105:1, 5, 8-9, 24-27,
Matthew 11:28-30

Exodus 3:13-20

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

God always hears our cries when we call Him in our suffering and He will always answer. God reveals His Name to Moses as I AM, for He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Sometimes our sufferings seem never-ending and we see no hope in sight, no relief. Yet, this is not true. You are closer to us than we can ever imagine even when we do not feel Your Presence. This is why in all our sufferings, even when we feel alone, faith must be able to remind us that You are always with us and that You help us to carry our burdens every day. 

The way we suffer reveals our character and the quality of our faith. Through suffering, we are purified and strengthened and we, in turn, can help others who suffer.


Psalm 105:1, 5, 8-9, 24-27

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

God always remembers the Covenant of Love He has made with us even when we forget. All we need to do is look at a Crucifix to know the depths of the Father's love for us. It is a love beyond human understanding.

He has also given us the most powerful Name by which we are all saved, it is Your Name, Beloved. Demons tremble when they hear it but to us who believe it is the power of God and the glory of God.

May Your Name be ever on my lips and in my heart for it the Name above all others and has the power to bring joy, peace, and consolation.

Matthew 11:28-30

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for Your invitation to me today. I accept it. I come to You with all my troubles and difficulties. I come to You because I am weary of all the ways in which I fall each day because I am weak. I thank You for my weaknesses for in them Your strength is made perfect in me.

Thank You for making Your heart a refuge for me. Thank You for peace and rest that is readily granted to all who come to You.  Thank You for Your assurance that You carry my burdens with me because You are yoked to me. Nothing is impossible when I trust You to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment