Sunday, May 26, 2019

Acts 15:1-2, 22-29, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-8, Revelations 21:10-14, 22-23, John 14:23-29

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Sixth Sunday of Easter


Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord,
and my Father will love him and we will come to him. Jn 14:23


Acts 15:1-2, 22-29, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-8, 
Revelations 21:10-14, 22-23, John 14:23-29

Acts 15:1-2, 22-29

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Church You founded has always cared for her children as tenderly as a Mother. She is sensitive to their needs and does not lay upon them burdens too heavy to bear. We see this even in from the earliest times in the Church. The Apostles and elders heard the problem, discussed it, prayed about it, decided on the right course of action to be taken as inspired by the Holy Spirit, and then sent two representatives along with Paul and Barnabas to advise the Church what it had decided with regard to the requirement of circumcision of the Gentiles that some of the Jews demanded.

In the message sent by the Apostles, they warned the Christians of Gentile origin of those who were wolves in sheep's clothing, who were not sent by the Church Leaders and Elders and were sowing dissent.

We too must be on guard not to be taken in by those who preach and teach error in Your Name. If we heed the teachings of Holy Mother Church and are always guided by her, we will be protected from heresy and error. 

Psalm 67:2-3, 5-8

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The peoples of all nations will praise You if we who belong to You live exemplary and holy lives. They will see Your Light shine upon us and they too will desire what we have. The Truth embodied in You.

Help us through the awesome power of Your Most Holy Spirit, to be guided by Him in all we do, always. May our lives be a witness to all that the Church teaches in faith and morals so that others may see and desire to have the joy and peace that is given to all who believe.


Revelations 21:10-14, 22-23

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank and praise You for the glorious future that awaits us in the City of God where Your glorious Light is the only illumination it needs. Thank You for all that You won for us at so great a price.

We thank God, our Father, for giving us so wonderful a Savior as You, His Only Son, and we thank You, Beloved, for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit who enables us to strive after holiness and perfection so that we receive divine grace and help to grow in Your Image and Likeness.


John 14:23-29


Jesus said to his disciples:
"Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him,
and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Whoever does not love me does not keep my words;
yet the word you hear is not mine
but that of the Father who sent me.

"I have told you this while I am with you.
The Advocate, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in my name,
will teach you everything
and remind you of all that I told you.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.


You heard me tell you,
'I am going away and I will come back to you.'
If you loved me,
you would rejoice that I am going to the Father;
for the Father is greater than I.
And now I have told you this before it happens,
so that when it happens you may believe."



No comments:

Post a Comment