Saturday, April 27, 2019

Acts 4:13-21, Psalm 118:1, 14-15AB, 16-21, Mark 16:9-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Saturday in the Octave of Easter

This is the day the LORD has made;
let us be glad and rejoice in it. Ps 118:24


Acts 4:13-21, Psalm 118:1, 14-15AB, 16-21, 
Mark 16:9-15


Acts 4:13-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

In the world, it is often the reaction of those in authority and power to control people, especially those who undermine them. So it is with Peter and John after they cure the cripple. The leaders, elders, and scribes are not amazed at the miracle that they had just performed in Your Name, rather what amazed them was the boldness with which they spoke and witnessed to the crowds about You. The recognized them as  Your companions and there was nothing they could do or say to deny the miracle because the man who was cured was standing beside them was irrefutable proof. 

They conferred with each other to see how they could stop Peter and John from preaching and teaching in Your Name and so they ordered them not to speak to anyone about You. It is the same even today, Beloved. We are made to feel uncomfortable if we evangelise. We are called all kinds of names when we witness to You or live out our faith in public. Authentic Christians are persecuted in subtle ways or overtly.

Peter and John give us an example of how we ought to react in such circumstances. We are to boldly confess You no matter the risk or the cost to ourselves. For it is better to do what is right in the eyes of God than men.

Psalm 118:1, 14-15AB, 16-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Grant me this grace that I may praise and give thanks to You all the days of my life for You have saved me. Thank You for the grace that You grant me each day to choose the right path to follow. My strength and courage to meet the daily challenges I face come from You. It is You that make me victorious in my daily struggles against temptations. If I fail, it is because I have not cooperated freely with the grace that is granted to me.

Thank You, Beloved, for the sufferings, the challenges, I face for they help me to grow slowly but surely in holiness. Thank You for giving me a perfect Model in Yourself and in Your Mother. I know that You will help me to remain faithful to the end.


Mark 16:9-15

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Good News of Your Resurrection was hard for the disciples to believe. They had not seen for themselves and they were not prepared to accept the testimony of Mary Magdalene or the two disciples to whom You appeared on their way to Emmaus. 

Despite the fact that You had assured them that You would rise again they did not believe that such a thing could be possible. Everything You had said to them occurred just as You said it would and Yet they would not believe. But when You did appear to the eleven You upbraided them for their hardness of heart and for refusing to believe the testimony of those who had seen You.


You have said I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one can come to the Father except through You. We are given the same mission You gave to the Apostles and disciples. We are called to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature."

No comments:

Post a Comment