Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Acts 3:1-10, Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9, Luke 24:13-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Wednesday in the Octave of Easter

This is the day the LORD has made;
let us be glad and rejoice in it. Ps 118:24


Acts 3:1-10, Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9, Luke 24:13-35

Acts 3:1-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Truly, You have not left us orphans but have given us Your Holy Spirit to remain in us and unite us in love to God and to our brothers and sisters in the Church You founded.

Today, we read of the man crippled from birth who was brought to the temple so he could beg for alms. How many in the world are crippled with original sin from their conception as they have not become members of the family of God through Baptism? The riches of our faith are denied them, however, like Peter and John we are called to witness boldly and share generously what we have received through the goodness of God.

When we do, our reward is to experience the joy of the one who on hearing and believing the Good News experiences a total transformation of their lives and become a new creation in You. This is my mission, Beloved. May I be a witness daily to Your goodness, mercy, and love.


Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I have been created to praise You, to thank You, and to glorify You all the days of my life. Help me never to forget it. May I never take my eyes off You but keep my gaze fixed on You through the hours of the day and at night may I rest in You.

Thank You for granting me the strength I need to face the challenges of each day by the grace You give me in the Holy Eucharist. Thank You for Your Covenental Love for me, a love that will never end.


Luke 24:13-35

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You said, where two or three are gathered in My Name, I AM there in their midst. This is the very first time when what You promised is fulfilled. The two disciples are talking about You and the recent events that had occurred and You are there with them although they do not recognize You.

You open their hearts and minds to understand Scripture and all the prophecies. Finally, they invite You to stay with them and it is in the breaking of bread that their eyes are opened and they recognize You. Filled with joy they return to take up the mission of spreading the Good News. 

So it is with us Beloved. When we come together in Your Name You will be present in our midst and You will help us to understand and live our faith with the grace we received in the Sacraments especially the Holy Eucharist.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment