Saturday, February 23, 2019

Hebrews 11:1-7, Psalm 145:2-5, 10-11, Mark 9:2-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


St. Polycarp, Bishop and Martyr

The heavens were opened and the voice of the Father thundered:
This is my beloved Son. Listen to him. Mk 9:6


Hebrews 11:1-7, Psalm 145:2-5, 10-11, Mark 9:2-13

Hebrews 11:1-7

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Faith keeps hope alive. Without faith in God, we live but we are not fully alive to Truth, Goodness, Purity, Holiness, Beauty, and Love. Faith in God is the essence necessary to live life as God intends us to.

All that we do, every breath we take, all our dreams, hopes, and plans are shallow without the knowledge of God and You, His Son, whom He sent into the world to reveal His Face which is love and mercy to us. You are the visible image of the unseen God and without faith, we would be ignorant of the fact that we too are created in His image. 

This Gift of Faith is freely given to us at baptism, and for cradle Catholics, it is nurtured in us by our parents from infancy. We thank You, Beloved, for the Church, for teachers, for the witness of our brothers and sisters, our own study and reflection, that enables us to grow in faith. Above all thank You for the Holy Spirit and for each of the Sacraments that pours grace into our souls that kindles in us a hunger and a thirst to know You, love You, and desire You above all else.


Psalm 145:2-5, 10-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for grace that enables me to wake up every morning to spend time alone with You in prayer. Truly Beloved, this hour is the sweetest in the day. Thank You for the intimacy of Your Presence in me when I receive You in the Holy Eucharist. How blessed I am that God created me to know Him, love Him, serve Him, and to be happy with Him in this life and eternally in the next.

May every breath I breathe praise You. May I joyfully join my brothers and sisters as the community of God praise and glorify You. Give me a spirit that is always attuned to the beauty of creation around me so my heart rises in praise, adoration, and worship always.


Mark 9:2-13

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You took the three with You, Peter, James, and John to witness Your glory, to see You as You as the Son of the Living God, so when the time came when You would no longer be with them, they would recollect what they saw and their faith would be strengthened.

Thank You for all the times in my own life when You have blessed me so that in the difficult times I can look back and know that You are a faithful God and that all things pass but You remain steadfast and true.

During those moments of Transfiguration, we desire to cling to You just as Peter wanted to. We want those glorious moments to last. But these are only to encourage us and keep hope alive as we journey through this valley of tears. 

The apostles and the disciples had to witness the agony of Your suffering, crucifixion, and death. They had to face up to their own inadequacies and their weaknesses as they all deserted You in Your greatest hour of need. But this moment that the three witnessed, they would share with the rest later, and their faith, hope, and joy would be kindled anew.

The same is true for us. All we know of You Beloved, enables us to face the lows that come in every life, and we know by faith that You will see us through for You are faithful and loving always.   

No comments:

Post a Comment