Monday, December 24, 2018

2 Samuel 7:1-5, 8B-12, 14A, 16, Psalm 89:2-5, 27 & 29, Luke 1:67-69

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

O Radiant Dawn,
Splendor of eternal light, sun of justice:
come and shine on those who dwell in darkness and in the shadow of death.


2 Samuel 7:1-5, 8B-12, 14A, 16, Psalm 89:2-5, 27 & 29,
Luke 1:67-69


2 Samuel 7:1-5, 8B-12, 14A, 16

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

We all desire to do great things for You but all You ask of us is obedience and to embrace Your will. You are God and You need nothing from Your creatures; however, if we are to be happy and fulfilled in this life we need to be attuned to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. 


David is a foreshadow of the King to come, the Shepherd King who will seek and save the lost and return them to the fold. Thank You, Beloved, for making Your home with us and in us. Thank You for building a throne that is everlasting, thank You for assuring us that we will receive a share in Your inheritance.


Psalm 89:2-5, 27 & 29

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Your promises stand forever. Thank You for all You have done for us. Thank You for entering into the world and becoming little for our sakes so no one need be afraid of approaching You. Thank You for knowing deprivation, pain, cold, poverty, hunger, loneliness and for understanding the entire spectrum of the human condition.

There is nothing that we cannot bring to You that You will not comprehend. You suffered all for my sake. 

Today I ask for the grace to praise You constantly. To give thanks for everything that I have received, receive now, and will continue to receive from You who are my God, my refuge, my strength, and my deliverer.


Luke 1:67-69

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Zechariah's canticle of praise encompasses all that God who is love is about to do for His people. He will send forth a Savior who will free us from the bondage of sin and the fear of death. 

All the prophecies concerning his son as well as the Son of God are assurances that God has indeed made His dwelling place among His people. 

Thank You, my Lord, for Your humility and Your obedience in embracing the Father's will and for opening the door to the Kingdom of God where all who believe in You may enter.

All glory and praise to You Lord Jesus Christ, King of eternal glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment