Monday, November 19, 2018

Revelations 1:1-4, 2:1-5, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 18:35-43

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
whoever follows me will have the light of life. Jn 8:12



Revelations 1:1-4, 2:1-5, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 18:35-43


Revelations 1:1-4, 2:1-5

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

No one can say that You have left us orphans. You saved us and restored to us all that was lost by our first parents. God does not want a lukewarm love. He has no use for it. In fact, He rejects it. What God desires, are our hearts on fire with love for Him and with zeal in establishing His Kingdom on earth. 

Beloved, we are called to keep alive the love we had when we first knew You, a love that thought nothing of sacrifice for the sake of the Beloved and to do His will always. Grant O Lord, that whatever You ask of me, even if it not what I expected, to do it with all the love of my heart knowing that obedience is better than sacrifice.

Keep me joyful I beg You. Nothing is more distressing than doing Your will with a heavy heart and a sad countenance. You have shown me the way now I beg You to grant me the grace to walk in it gladly. Life, as it is right now, is nothing like the life I knew in the past yet this is what You have planned for me. Grant me the grace to embrace it cheerfully and not look back lest like Lot's wife I turn into a pillar of salt.  

Psalm 1:1-4, 6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Tree of Life is the Cross through which You obtained freedom from slavery to sin and new life in You. You have shown us the Way that leads to the Kingdom of God and it is narrow. You warn us that it is difficult and few choose it. Though the road to life is hard yet there is great joy in choosing it. 

In the Sacrament of Baptism, I received new life. You grafted me into Your Body and made me a fruitful member of it. So long as I am one with You I am alive and able to do all that God asks of me but apart from You I can do nothing. Keep me aware of the truth always and may I never choose the path that will lead to the destruction of my soul. Stay with me Beloved, and keep me safe from the wiles of the Enemy until the end.


Luke 18:35-43

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Every one of us who is born is like this blind man who sits by the road begging for scraps. There is a time in every life when we receive the opportunity to encounter You, how we respond is entirely up to us. The blind beggar was seated in his usual spot waiting for travelers to and from Jericho to give him alms and they usually did. He lived on the scraps that were given to him. Finally, the day arrived when life as he knew it was about to change. 

There was something different about that day. From a distance, his heightened sense of hearing picked up the sound of a crowd approaching. As the crowd drew nearer he asked what was happening and they told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." That's all it took. He had heard of You and he believed all that he had heard. Here was his opportunity, perhaps there would be no other, and he grabbed it. He shouted as loud as he could so his voice carried over the babble of the crowd. Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!" Not only the piercing cry but the choice of words were guaranteed to get a response from the Son of God. He cared not for the rebukes of the people in the crowd. He just kept shouting louder. "Son of David, have pity on me!"

You stopped and ordered that he be brought to You. 

Faith such as the blind man's will enable us to receive all that our hearts long for. When he came near, You said, "What do you want me to do for you?" One would imagine that it was pretty obvious what he wanted. He was blind and of course, he desired to see. But that's not how faith works. We are required to tell You simply, what it is we desire, even though You know our most secret thoughts, You desire us to know what we want and to express it clearly so we may grow in simplicity, humility, and faith. And so the man put into words the deepest need of his soul, and the deepest need of every human soul, "Lord, please let me see." 

You responded as You will always respond to a genuine cry for salvation, "Have sight; your faith has saved you."

Every encounter with You Beloved must result in us drawing ever closer to You. We are called to follow You joyfully giving all glory, praise, honor, worship, and thanks along with all God's people until we reach the heavenly Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment