Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Philippians 2:12-18, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14, Luke 14:25-33

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

If you are insulted for the name of Christ, blessed are you,
for the Spirit of God rests upon you. 1Pt 4:14


Philippians 2:12-18, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14, 
Luke 14:25-33


Philippians 2:12-18

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

What a great privilege is ours. We have received the gift of faith and love impels us to be obedient to Your will in every area of our lives. Every waking hour we are to be aware that we are God's children who have been saved and ransomed at a price that we cannot repay. Hence, we must live holy lives always pleasing to You. All the work we do must be done gladly and for Your glory. It is so easy to murmur, quarrel, and be discontented. To be the cause of division rather than unity for selfish gain. It is so easy to be beguiled by the standard of the world because it panders to the flesh, to self-will, urging us to give in to personal desires. But we were created in love for love. That is the divine standard by which we ought to live. We are urged and aided by Your Spirit to be holy and pure and to strive after perfection in imitation of our Father who is holy and perfect. We are called to share our faith but more importantly to live it so we shine Your light in the world feeble though it may be.

Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14

My Love, Beloved of my soul,


This psalm should be the anthem of every Christian. It is a psalm of joy, of confidence, of faith in our awesome God who never fails, never sleeps, and is always close to us.

There ought to be a song on my lips and joy in heart no matter what the circumstances of my life may be. No matter how narrow and difficult the journey I walk without fear because You make the journey with me. You keep my hand firmly in Your own. When I stumble You steady me, should I fall You lift me. When I am too weary to go on, You carry me on Your shoulders. 

You are the Light that illumines my path all the days of my life so I need never walk in darkness. You have saved me from the jaws of death and my heart rejoices and exults in You and in Your love for me.

I look with confidence to the end of this life's journey for I know that a glorious destination waits for me. I will behold You, my God, as You are. We will be face to face never to be separated. I will see You for whom my soul yearns. And while I wait, my Beloved, abide with me, grant me the courage to be faithful to the end.

Luke 14:25-33

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Anything worth having is worth fighting for. The crowds followed You because You challenged them not only to be better than they were but because they believed they could be. 

We have to love God exclusively. We cannot offer You a watered down, wishy-washy love. You reject it. You desire us to love You as You loved us. We are called to pour out ourselves in total self-giving just as You did. No earthly ties no matter how close can come before our love for You.

As disciples we are called to carry our cross cheerfully every day, not alone but with You. We have to understand the cost of discipleship before we embark on our journey with You, it will cost us everything and if we are not prepared to give it our all we will turn back, we will fall by the wayside, be trampled upon and lost forever.

Anyone who is possessed by anything other than by You cannot be Your disciple.

Thank You, Beloved, for speaking plainly so we can understand the true cost and the great reward of a committed and faithful discipleship.

No comments:

Post a Comment