Monday, November 5, 2018

Philippians 2:1-4, Psalm 131:1-3, Luke 14:12-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples,
and you will know the truth, says the Lord. Jn 8:31B-32


Philippians 2:1-4, Psalm 131:1-3, Luke 14:12-14


Philippians 2:1-4

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I am called to imitate You in all things but above all to imitate Your humility. It is so easy to lord it over others, to deem oneself better, more virtuous, but the moment I begin to believe these things about myself then they are no longer true.

If I walk in the Way of Love, Life, Light, and Truth, then I will always place others before myself. Nothing I do will be done out of selfishness or to seek to be noticed and to appear better than others.

If we all lived for the good of the other, putting the needs of others before our own, how much better our world would be.

True humility will always seek to serve not to be served. 

Psalm 131:1-3

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

My prayer today is that I too like the psalmist am neither proud nor haughty. That I am not boastful. That I do not waste my time doing things that You do not require of me. There are great minds to whom You have entrusted great things. Rather, let me find in You my peace and rest. Like a weaned child resting quietly in its mother's arms so let me rest in You. Desiring nothing but You. Content to rest peacefully in Your embrace. Restless for nothing because You are all in all.


Luke 14:12-14

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You ask us to be in the world but not of it. There are very few who will do as You ask today. No one invites into their home the poor, the outcast, the forgotten, the marginalized, the unseen, the unheard. Very few give out of their need most of us give out of our surplus. When we do favors we do so because we expect those favors to be returned at some future date. When we invite people we expect to be invited in turn. Not many will give away something for nothing. But that is not the way of disciples. Our goal is eternal life with You in heaven and You have shown us how we can receive it. It is no wonder that You also warn us that the Way is narrow and hard and few choose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment