Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Galatians 5:18-25, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 11:42-46

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord;
I know them, and they follow me. Jn 10:27



Memorial of St. Ignatius of Antioch, 
Bishop and Martyr


Galatians 5:18-25, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 11:42-46

Galatians 5:18-25

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Spirit of the Lord is the Spirit of Love which emanates from both the Father the Son. It is the same Spirit that gave birth to the Church. All who are born of the Spirit walk in Your light and are filled with grace. The Gifts of the Spirit are poured upon all the members of Your Body and we are each called to fulfill God's purpose and plan in the world, God created me for a specific purpose and mission and has equipped me to do it. I can choose to be guided by Your Spirit or to be led by the spirit of the world, which will take me away for the path that Wisdom directs. My Lord and my God, You are aware of my weaknesses and how easy it is for me to give in to the desires of my flesh, You know how hard it is for me to deny myself, to take up my cross daily and follow You. I need your help without it I will never be able to choose the narrow way that leads to life and to the Kingdom of God. Help me!

Psalm 1:1-4, 6




My Love, Beloved of my soul,



One who is righteous strives always after holiness and perfection. The Way of Life is the narrow way which few choose because it is hard. The way of sin is easy, broad has no bumps and is filled with every attraction that deceives and lures us away from Truth. Satan is the father of lies and strikes where we are weakest to trap and ensnare us. This is why we are called to battle unceasingly against the world, the flesh and the devil who will not rest until we are well on the way to hell and eternal damnation. But thanks be to You, Beloved, for equipping us with all we need to do battle. Thank You for my Guardian Angel who I sadly ignore more often than not but who never fails me. Thank You for the Cross, for Your Blood, and Your Flesh in the Holy Eucharist which gives life and grace. Thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation which enables me to begin anew each time I confess my sins and receive Your forgiveness. Thank You for Your Word in Sacred Scripture which gives me wisdom and renews my desire to follow You more faithfully. Thank You.


Luke 11:42-46

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You were so tender and merciful to the poor, and those who were sick in mind, body, and spirit. The repentant sinner found healing, forgiveness and wholeness in You. All You needed to do was speak a word or reach out and touch and healing, strength, and joy followed. You came for the sick, You came for the lost, You came to bring hope to a weary world. But to the arrogant, the worldly wise, the boastful, those who lust for power and riches, those who prey on the weak, the pious hypocrite, You are merciless in Your criticism. If there is one thing that You will not stand it is those who wish to fool the world by their outward deeds and outward show of goodness and generosity. You tell them plainly that they may deceive men but they cannot deceive God. The scholar who whined that You were insulting them when You insulted the Pharisees was not spared a tongue lashing either:

"Woe also to you scholars of the law!
You impose on people burdens hard to carry,
but you yourselves do not lift one finger to touch them."

I am called to be my brother's keeper. I am called to be Your light in the world. Grant my Beloved, that I am shed my tiny spark as brightly as I can always and faithfully to the end. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment