Friday, September 21, 2018

Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-13, Psalm 19:2-5, Matthew 9:9-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

We praise you, O God,
we acclaim you as Lord;
the glorious company of Apostles praise you.

Feast of St. Matthew, Apostle & Evangelist


Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-13, Psalm 19:2-5, Matthew 9:9-13


Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-13

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Words are easy it is putting the words into practice that is so very hard. I know to what You have called me. I know that I have to put aside the old, sinful me and live as one who has encountered You, one who knows You even as I am known to You. St. Paul could not have put it more plainly when he urges all who believe to live in a manner worthy of the call we have received. We are called to be humble, gentle, bearing all things patiently with love, live together in the harmony that is bestowed upon us by the Holy Spirit.

Grace is poured upon me as I receive the Sacraments but it is a terrible thing to know Beloved, that grace can be ineffective if I do not put grace to use in fighting the good fight. No one can help me if I do nothing to help myself but give in without even the semblance of a struggle to my particular weakness of which I am fully aware. I lead myself into the jaws of hell and then dislike myself thoroughly when I fall. This helps no one least of all me.

Your Holy Spirit has given me gifts my Love, grant that I may use these little talents to further Your Kingdom on earth so that I may grow more and more like You and lead others to grow like You as well.

Psalm 19:2-5

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I too am called to declare the glory of God for I am a part of His glorious handiwork. Help me, my Soul, to do all that You ask of me moment by moment all the days that are granted to me. Amen.

Matthew 9:9-13

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Just as You met Matthew where he was and invited him to follow You so You invite me to leave behind the things that keep me from embracing a life with You completely and to follow You more closely.

Matthew's response was instant, in his own words we learn that as soon as he heard Your invitation, "Follow me."He got up and followed You.

Beloved, I am more like the Pharisees who criticized You than like Matthew who heard Your call and followed You without hesitation and without looking back. He gave himself wholeheartedly to You.

Thank You for Your consoling words addressed to me today, 

"Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
Go and learn the meaning of the words,
I desire mercy, not sacrifice.
I did not come to call the righteous but sinners."

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment