Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ezekiel 36:23-28, Psalm 51:12-15, 18-19, Matthew 22:1-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

If today you hear his voice,
harden not your hearts. Ps 95:8



Ezekiel 36:23-28, Psalm 51:12-15, 18-19, 
Matthew 22:1-14


Ezekiel 36:23-28

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank and praise You for calling me by name, for declaring that I belong to You, for washing away my iniquities and cleansing me of all my sins. I thank You for giving me a new heart and a new spirit. I thank You for calling me out of darkness and bathing me in your own marvelous light. No longer am I an orphan for You have invited me into the family of God   You taught me to call Your Father, my Father as well. You have poured Your own Holy Spirit into me and You have united me with Yourself in cords that can never be severed unless I sever them myself by choosing to deliberately walk away from you.

Psalm 51:12-15, 18-19

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for the gift of the Sacraments. Thank You for the Sacraments of Life  Baptism, Reconciliation, and Holy Communion. Thank You for the Sacrament of Confirmation in which I declare before heaven and earth that I have chosen to walk in the Spirit of Truth that was poured into my soul at Baptism.

Thank You for washing away my sins each time I approach You in Confession and pouring grace upon grace into my soul enabling me to keep my resolve not to sin and displease Your Spirit in me. I will sin Beloved, and I will fall from grace because I am a frail, poor, weak, thing, tempted on every side, but I will run to You each time I fall and beg Your forgiveness. With Your help, I resolve to sin no more, but when I do Beloved and beg for pardon, pick me up. Wash me, strengthen me and hide me in our Sacred Heart which is my refuge and my home.

Matthew 22:1-14

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for inviting every man, woman, and child,  irrespective of who they are or where they come from, including myself, to the Wedding Banquet. Here You feed me on the finest wheat and wine sweeter than honey in the comb. You have given me the wedding garment at my Baptism and through the course of my life, I know I shall stain it often with sin. But I beg thee Beloved, every time I approach You to forigive me,  wash me, cleanse me, restore to me all that I have squandered so wantonly in moments of weakness. Help me to grow strong in my resolve to sin no more and grant that the moments of weakness grow fewer and more rare.  Keep me close to You, to Your Church, and to the Sacraments that I may receive all the grace and strength I need all the day I live and until the day Y0u call me home and lead me to the place that You have prepared for me from all eternity Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment