Sunday, July 22, 2018

Jeremiah 23:1-6, Psalm 23:1-6, Ephesians 2:13-18, Mark 6:30-34

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord;
I know them, and they follow me. Jn 10:27

Jeremiah 23:1-6, Psalm 23:1-6, Ephesians 2:13-18,
Mark 6:30-34


Jeremiah 23:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The sinner who often is weak, easily tempted, frail, unable to get up and begin anew with a greater resolve not to sin again, contrite of heart, is afraid and can easily be lost forever if the one who is called to minister to him or her is cold, hard, unkind, and unapproachable. So many souls are lost forever because they have been rejected and cast out by those very people who are called to counsel, encourage, and help.

Sin is sin Beloved, and You never condoned it at any time but You loved the sinner. To the sinner, You always showed mercy, tenderness, compassion, forgiveness but You also always said, "Sin no more."

However, Beloved this does not mean that the sinner will actually not sin anymore. He or she will because we are the children of Adam.  This is why You are so stern with those whom You have appointed as shepherds who have failed to gently lead Your flock to pasture, bind their wounds, feed them, quench their thirst and love them into wholeness and health.

And not only the hierarchy in the Church Beloved, but each of us has a mission to do our part in healing the brokenhearted. You have given us an example of how to be a Good Shepherd - we need to imitate You.

Psalm 23:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I want to begin by offering You grateful thanks for all the times that this psalm has comforted me, renewed my spirit, refreshed me, and enabled me to begin again.

Truly, I have found out over and over again that because You are my Shepherd, I lack nothing, I want nothing, for having You I have all things.

Thank You, Beloved, for all that You do for me every day from moment to moment. I know that until I draw my last breath You will be beside me gently leading me along. 

Truly Beloved, You, My Lord are my Shepherd and there is nothing, nothing I shall want. Having You I have everything.

Ephesians 2:13-18

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Through the power of the Cross and Your most precious Blood, You have crushed the head of Satan and delivered us from the snares of the devil. Being aware of sin only condemned us and that is why all the burnt offerings for sin could do nothing to take away the consequences of sin which is death. The unbridgeable chasm between God and man could only be united by the Cross.  This is the Good News that we are called to sing from the rooftops so those who are in ignorance can hear, believe, and be saved. 

Mark 6:30-34

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Even though You and the apostles needed to retreat and rest You still put the needs of the crowd before theirs and Your own.

You teach us today that there will be times when we will be justified in withdrawing and resting, however, the needs of those who are hurting will always take priority over our own. We are called to be sensitive and generous always.

No comments:

Post a Comment