Monday, July 30, 2018

Jeremiah 13:1-11, Deuteronomy 32:18-21, Matthew 13:31-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The Father willed to give us birth by the word of truth
that we may be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. Jas 1:18

Jeremiah 13:1-11, Deuteronomy 32:18-21,
Matthew 13:31-35


Jeremiah 13:1-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Just as God formed a people for Himself when He chose Abraham and his descendants out of every nation to be His own, so too have I been chosen to belong to You. By virtue of my baptism, I am grafted on to Your Body as a member. I have been given every grace, privilege, and blessing to live a life as a child of God. I belong to the household of God. Yet, I have sinned and I continue to sin. Despite the fact that I am aware of how abhorrent sin is to You, I continue to allow give in to my weaknesses. Oftentimes with little or no struggle on my part, I permit myself to be taken over by temptation.

When I sin I distance myself from You. Help me Beloved. Too often I put myself in harm's way and I wound myself. Help me to make a thorough examination of conscience and then enable me to make a good confession. Wash away my iniquities and cleanse me from all my sins that I may walk once more in Your Presence bathed in Your Light and strengthened by grace to sin no more.

Deuteronomy 32:18-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Forgive me. I have sinned. I beg for Your mercy and for grace to turn away from the paths that lead me to temptation. I am Yours. I have been claimed by You and yet I choose to walk away over and over again. O Lord, be merciful to me a sinner. I need Your help I can do nothing on my own. Deliver me from my own concupiscence. Keep me close beside You and help me so that armed with grace and aided by Your angels I am able to battle with my sinful tendencies victoriously. Stay with me Beloved, I beg You, lest I be tempted beyond my strength to resist and be lost forever. Amen.
Matthew 13:31-35

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Over two thousand years ago, the Father sent You, His Son into the world to reveal His love for us. You revealed the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven to the people that He first claimed for Himself. When they rejected You, the Good News was preached to us. God is the Father of us all and He desires that all are saved and come to the knowledge of Truth.

The Truth about the Kingdom that was given to the world was like the mustard seed and the yeast that You spoke about in Your parables. Your Bride, the Church, has faithfully contemplated on the Word of Truth. She meditates on it just as Your Mother did and it continues to put down roots deep in You. The Holy Spirit gives her grace to bear an abundance of fruit for the life of the world. She has grown strong and provides shade for all who come to her. All are welcome. For as long as time lasts she will continue to understand more clearly her mission in drawing all to her so that there will be but one flock and one Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment