Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Ephesians 2:19-22, Psalm 117:1BC-2, John 20:24-29

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

You believe in me, Thomas, because you have seen me, says the Lord; blessed are those who have not seen, but still believe! 
Jn 20:29


FEAST OF ST. THOMAS, APOSTLE


Ephesians 2:19-22, Psalm 117:1BC-2, John 20:24-29


Ephesians 2:19-22

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I belong to the family of God. I am a citizen of heaven. I have a destiny which will lead me to my destination. I have God as my Father, I have Mary whom You have given me as my Mother, I have the Holy Spirit who lives and reigns in me, He is Your Gift to me. I have You as my Beloved, my Bridegroom, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Forever Friend. 

How blessed I am to call every member of the Church You founded my brothers and sisters; this includes the saints in heaven and the saints in purgatory. This Church is built on the firm foundation of the Apostles, the prophets with You as its Cornerstone who holds the whole together. God dwells in fullness here and I am blessed and privileged to belong to it and to You.

Psalm 117:1BC-2

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I have been commissioned by You to go out into the world and to let the whole world know that we have been created, saved, redeemed, and sanctified by the Triune God. Every man, woman, and child, ought to know this and give glory to God for His mercy, His goodness, and His love.

Thank You, Beloved, that Your love for us is the same yesterday, today, and forever. You, unlike us sinners, who blow hot one day and cold the next, are unwavering in Your unfathomable and never-ending love for us even though we are unworthy of Your love. Grant me this grace my Lord and my God to fulfill the mission entrusted to me as have all those great saints who have gone before me. 

John 20:24-29

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

St. Thomas was not with the Twelve when You first appeared to them. He too appears to have forgotten that You assured them many times before Your death that You would rise again and so he refused to believe that You had indeed risen and that they had seen You. In fact so great was his disbelief that he stated that he categorically refused to believe unless he first not only put his finger into the nailmarks on Your hands and his hand into Your pierced side. 

Strangely, he was not at Calvary when You were nailed to the Cross and when the soldier pierced Your Side with a lance. He was willing to believe this on the testimony of those who were present yet, he was not prepared to believe their testimony when they said You were alive and that they had seen You.

Thank You Beloved for Your assurance to us who have not seen yet believe.

"Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

No comments:

Post a Comment