Sunday, January 14, 2018

1 Samuel 3:3B-10, 19, Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-10, 1 Corinthians 6:13C-15A, 17-20, John 1:35-42

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

We have found the Messiah:
Jesus Christ, who brings us truth and grace. 1Jn 41, 17B



1 Samuel 3:3B-10, 19, Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-10, 
1 Corinthians 6:13C-15A, 17-20, John 1:35-42

1 Samuel 3:3B-10, 19

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Asleep or awake grant that I am always remain in Your holy Presence just as Samuel was. Keep me alert to the sound of Your voice, and should I not recognize it send me those who will help me to know that it is You who call me. It is You who instruct me night or day. Enable me to always say to You, "Speak for your servant is listening." And then grant me the grace to heed Your call. Grant me humility, wisdom, kindness, gentleness, compassion, and above all mercy and love. All I have You have graciously given me help me never to be proud or boastful of any of Your gifts but to always be thankful and use them in Your service.

Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You from the depths of my heart for always hastening to me each time I called You. Thank You for Your tender compassion. Thank You for recognizing that without You I am incapable of doing anything pleasing to You and for giving me Your Holy Spirit to help me. Help me always to discern Your will for my life and then to do it with joy. Keep me close to You and never let me be parted from You by sin. Keep me as the apple of Your eye and guard me as a Shepherd guards his flock so the enemy cannot draw near to attack me. I am weak Lord, I need Your strength and Your mighty protection to keep me safe from my own evil inclinations. Grant that I may sing of Your goodness, mercy and love all my days.

1 Corinthians 6:13C-15A, 17-20

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

We live in an age where the body is used as a plaything not only by ourselves but by other. We use and abuse our bodies and the bodies of others thoughtlessly without for a moment considering that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Most people in the world are completely ignorant of the fact that we have been purchased at the cost of Your Life. Your Body and Your Blood was given up as a holocaust in order that we may be spared eternal damnation and separation from God.

If I am a member of Your Body Beloved how can I dare to use it for immoral purposes? Forgive me for all the times when I have done precisely that. Forgive my stupidity. Forgive my blindness. Give me a fresh outpouring of Your Holy Spirit and keep me always aware of the great price that was paid for my salvation and grant that I may always use my body to glorify You. 

John 1:35-42

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Andrew was a disciple of John and was one of the two who were with him when he pointed out to You and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God." John the Baptist was without pride. He was aware that he was only the messenger of God sent by Him to prepare the way for You. Having recognized You, he then pointed out that You were the one for whom he must make way. How difficult it is for us to relinquish our position once our work is done. 

The two disciples of John left him immediately and followed You. Turning to them You asked, "What are you looking for?" We must be aware of what it is we seek when we follow You. There has to be clarity of purpose. They responded, with, "Teacher, where are you staying." And You invited them to enter into a relationship with You, "Come and you will see." They accepted Your invitation and spent the day with You and by the end of that day Andrew shared the good news that he had found the Messiah with his brother Simon. On meeting him You changed his name to Peter thus giving him his mission in the Church that You would build with Him as the Rock and You as its Cornerstone.

Andrew was a true disciple and witness. Grant that I too may never shy away from witnessing to the truth of who You are  - the Christ, the Son of the Living God, the Messiah, the Redeemer and Savior of the world. My Lord and my God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment