Thursday, December 21, 2017

Song of Songs 2:8-14, Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21, Luke 1:39-45

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

O Emmanuel, our King and Giver of Law:
come to save us, Lord our God!


Song of Songs 2:8-14, Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21,
Luke 1:39-45 


Song of Songs 2:8-14

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You must humbly for loving me as ardently as You do even though I am completely unworthy of such love. We both know that I am a miserable, weak, sinner. You know how careless I am and how easy it is for me to fall in to the traps and snares that my own sinful inclinations lead me into. Yet, You never give up on me and for this Beloved, I am truly grateful. Should You take Your gaze away from me I would be lost eternally.

Thank You for always staying close to me. For pursuing me even when I hide from You. Thank You Beloved for revealing to me unashamedly, even though I am less than nothing, and a sinner, that You love me infinitely, You love me passionately, and that You died in order that I may live. I have You assurance when I have reached the end of this valley of tears, You will be waiting for me. You will receive me. You will take me by the hand and You will lead me as a bridegroom leads his bride to the eternal wedding feast that will last forever. Thank You for the promises You make me and that will be fulfilled in eternity.

"O my dove in the clefts of the rock,
in the secret recesses of the cliff,
Let me see you,
let me hear your voice, 
For your voice is sweet,

and you are lovely."


Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

With the help of Your Spirit I shall offer You grateful thanks for all You have done for me. Thank You for creating me. Thank You for watching over me even as I lay hidden in my mother's womb. Thank you for all the plans You have for me plans for a future of hope, a life of joy, and an eternity of You loving me and I loving You.

Thank You for never giving up on me. Thank You for loving me even though I have never deserved Your amazing love.

Thank You for accepting me as I am and for constantly helping me to become the person I am created to be.

Luke 1:39-45

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Mary, led by the Holy Spirit always did what God desired of her. She was truly the chaste little dove of the Holy Spirit and of the Father who lavished on her every conceivable grace. She grew in the shadow of the Living God and she was God's delight.

Enlightened by the Holy Spirit, her cousin Elizabeth as well as the baby in her womb recognized that they were in the presence of God and the Mother of God and they were filled with joy. Elizabeth exclaimed divine truths which we would never have know had she not uttered them:

"Most blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb. 
And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy. 
Blessed are you who believed
that what was spoken to you by the Lord

would be fulfilled."


No comments:

Post a Comment