Monday, December 4, 2017

Isaiah 2:1-5, Psalm 122:1-9, Matthew 8:5-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Come and save us, LORD our God;
Let your face shine upon us, that we may be saved. 

Ps 80:4


Isaiah 2:1-5, Psalm 122:1-9, Matthew 8:5-11


Isaiah 2:1-5

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Those who walk with You, the Light of the World will never walk in darkness. Today we are reminded by the prophet Isaiah that there will be a time of universal peace. Nation will not take up arms against nation but all shall know the Father and the Son whom the Father sent into the world. You have established the new Jerusalem and to her will all the nations stream so they may come together to worship God in the only truly acceptable Sacrifice pleasing to the Father, the Sacrifice of His Son. Death no longer has the power to terrify those who believe in You, hope in You and  love You. 


Psalm 122:1-9

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I cannot thank You enough that I was born into a Catholic home. Half the battle was won for me when God in His infinite wisdom and mercy desired this  for me. Who knows Beloved, had He in His tremendous mercy not done so I may have never accepted the Truth that salvation comes from You alone, there is no other Name by which we may be saved but Yours. 

Thank You for the Catholic Church and for the welcome that she extends to all sinners. Her gates are thrown open for everyone to enter and all will find a home in her. Thank You Beloved for peace in the midst of conflict, for love in the midst of violent virulent hate, thank You for Your Presence in the world that is determined to turn its back on You who came into it, was rejected by it, yet redeemed and sanctified it. Maranatha Lord Jesus we long for Your coming again in glory. Maranatha!

Matthew 8:5-11

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Faith as that of the Centurion in the power of God and confidence that He has only to speak and it will be done is the kind that all Christians must have. The Centurion was a foreigner and yet he believed that You came from God and in fact possessed the power of God. 

Beloved, often it is the non Christian, the non Catholic who  puts us to shame, for their faith in You is greater than ours despite the fact that our faith is given to us as a gift in Baptism. Most of us are ignorant of the treasures we bear in our earthly body. 

The Centurion had genuine love for his servant; how genuine is my love for those less fortunate than I? You are tender-hearted and at the Centurion's request You were prepared to set out immediately to his home and cure his servant. But he stopped You and instead asked only that You speak the words of healing, that was enough, his servant would get well. You commended the faith of the Centurion and remarked for the benefit of those around You, Your disciples and fellow Jews that You had not found such faith in Israel. That was a terrible indictment against those who walked with You, ate with You, heard You, witnessed Your miracles, heard your teaching. Is it the same with me Beloved? Is my faith weak and shallow despite all that I have personally experienced of your love and faithfulness? the miracles wrought in my own life and the lives of those around me? I do believe Beloved, increase my Faith, my hope and my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment