Wednesday, November 22, 2017

2 Maccabees 7:1, 20-31, Psalm 17:1, 5-6, 8 & 15. Luke 19:11-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I chose you from the world,
to go and bear fruit that will last, says the Lord. Jn 15:16


Feast of St. Cecilia, Virgin & Martyr


2 Maccabees 7:1, 20-31, Psalm 17:1, 5-6, 8 & 15. 
Luke 19:11-28


2 Maccabees 7:1, 20-31

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Once again Your Word reminds us that there will always be Your remnant that is prepared to face evil unflinchingly because of their faith in You who came down into the world to set us free. The seven brothers in the Book of Maccabees were able to stand unflinchingly before their executioners because they were raised by a good mother who herself was a stalwart of the faith.

Today while the power of evil attacks the sacred institution of families error upon error is taught to the young and the impressionable and more and more do they embrace the false teaching of the world that bring about not physical death but spiritual death.

These brave men specially that youngest remind us today that we too live in a world that no longer desire to believe the Truth that God sent You into the world to redeem and set us free from the wiles of the Enemy. We are called to imitate them, parents are called to emulate the mother and are to remember that they cannot fail in their duty in raising God earing off spring who will bravely stand and face evil , challenge it and pay the ultimate price, their life for as that brave mother tole her children 

"Do not be afraid of this executioner,
but be worthy of your brothers and accept death,
so that in the time of mercy I may receive you again with them."

You O Lord are the God of Life not death.


Psalm 17:1, 5-6, 8 & 15

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Just as the psalmist has cried out to You confident that he will be heard so have I cred out to You and You have always heard and hastened to my rescue. You have shown me the way to keep close to You if I keep my heart from evil and do not fall prey to the deceit of the world You will guide my steps and keep me from the paths that lead to destruction. You will ensure to keep my hand firmly in Your own and even if i should stumble, I will not fall for You will steady me.

I pray the words of the psalmist this morning:

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings.
But I in justice shall behold your face;

on waking, I shall be content in your presence.

Stay with me Beloved all my days so when the sun sets finally on me I will lie down without anxiety confident that You will come for me, You will receive me and You will stand beside me before the Father.

Luke 19:11-28

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

As You approached Jerusalem You knew that You were entering the final phase of Your life on earth. You were approaching the hour when You would be given over into the hands of the Enemy. This was the hour when death would conquer, sin would no longer have the last word and You would win a decisive victory.

You are  the Nobleman who has entrusted to us the treasures of the Kingdom and You have commissioned us to use them in order to share the wealth of our faith with those who may have never heard of You. We are called to work, straining every effort, in order to increase our knowledge of You which in turn will strengthen our faith and we will be able to share it more convincingly with others.

Those who fail to do so will meet the fate of the one who wrapped his talent and hid it away doing nothing to increase what was given to him. We cannot take our faith for granted. As baptized Christians we have a mission to go out into the world and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. The people who have been saved because we have challenged them to accept the Truth will be our witnesses as we stand before the Throne of Grace. And we will hear You say as the nobleman said to his faithful servant, 

 'Well done, good servant!
You have been faithful in this very small matter;
take charge of ten cities.'

Those who have neglected to increase what has been freely given to them will lose even that which they had and it will be given to the one who has been faithful in Your vineyard because, as You have said,  

"I tell you,
to everyone who has, more will be given,
but from the one who has not,
even what he has will be taken away.
Now as for those enemies of mine who did not want me as their king,
bring them here and slay them before me."

All of us are journeying towards Jerusalem and we can only enter it if we have been faithful servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment