Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Romans 6:12-18, Psalm 124:1-8, Luke 12:39-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Stay awake!
For you do not know when the Son of Man will come. 

Mt 24:42, 44

Romans 6:12-18, Psalm 124:1-8, Luke 12:39-48


Romans 6:12-18

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The worst kind of slavery is slavery to our flesh, our sinful habits, our self-will, our addictions which rob us of our ability to refuse to participate in choices that lead us further and further away from life, from freedom, for peace, from joy, from You.

It is so easy Beloved, to allow ourselves to be tempted by  distractions whatever they may be that rob us of precious time that could have been better spent in busying ourselves in the things of the Kingdom rather than of the world. We do have authority over ourselves. We do have authority over our will. We do have authority to direct our conscience on the path that leads to life however, when we give in to sin, to the flesh, slowly but surely we become weak and before we know it we are slaves to our passions. The world preaches are false gospel relentlessly however, if we use this great gift of freedom to choose the right, the true, the good, the noble, the beautiful, we will come under the law of grace. We will be empowered by the Holy Spirit to whom we have ceded authority over us and we will become joyful slaves of righteousness always choosing to put God's will over our own.

Psalm 124:1-8

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You have always been my help, my shield, my refuge. When I call out to You in my troubles You hastened to come to me, to deliver me, to comfort me. You have been at my side always even when I have deliberately chosen to turn away from You to walk in the path of sin. Yet, when I found myself like the prodigal son, far from home, hungry, naked, unhappy, and I longed to have once more what I had foolishly refused, thinking my happiness could be obtained away from You, You gave me the grace the repent and to return to You. You did not scold, You did not hold my folly against me, but welcomed me back to the place that You have reserved for me. That place in Your Heart that belongs to me alone.

Thank You Beloved for Your assurance that no matter how high the waves, how dreadful the storm, with You I am safe.

Luke 12:39-48

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

If we are familiar with Your Word in Sacred Scripture, if we are obedient to the Traditions handed down by the Apostles, if we remain close to Holy Mother Church, then we will be like the good servant who is vigilant and does all that is required of him. The good servant knows that is expected of him. He is aware of his duties. He is diligent in doing exactly what his master requires of him even if his master is away. The good servant would not dream of doing anything other than that which was his duty whether seen or unseen.  

You have warned us that we will be called to give an account at a time we least expect it. Will we be ready? Will we be able to stand before You and give a good account of our stewardship, or will we be ashamed before You knowing full well that we have been lax, we have ignored Your will, we have squandered what was Yours and are now deep in debt and unable to restore what we have lost. You warn us that there will be consequences for our actions.

Much has been given to us who belong to the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church therefore our accountability is far greater for we have been entrusted with so much more. Grant my Beloved that I will be counted among the faithful. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment