Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Ezra 9:5-9, Tobit 13:2-4, 7-8, Luke 9:1-6

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

FEAST OF ST. VINCENT DE PAUL

The Kingdom of God is at hand;
repent and believe in the Gospel. Mk 1:15


Ezra 9:5-9, Tobit 13:2-4, 7-8, Luke 9:1-6


Ezra 9:5-9

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

No matter how gravely we sin, You remember that we are after all poor, weak, creatures who have been born into concupiscence to sin. How easy it is for us to forget Your goodness, Your mercy, Your tenderness, and to allow ourselves to be lured and ensnared by our senses, our lack of discipline, our willingness to stray from the path of righteousness taken in by the world and all its empty promises. Yet You never abandon us. When we fall on our knees in sorrow for our unfaithfulness, when we cry out to You in our wretchedness, You are quick to hasten to us, forgive us, and strengthen us with Your love and Your grace. 

When we are aware of our guilt and strike or breasts in contrition; confessing that it is we who have sinned, You wash us, strengthen us, robe us in robes of righteousness, welcome us back home as the Father welcomed the prodigal son, and You invite us to the Banquet of Love, restoring all we lost and more simply because we are Yours. 

Tobit 13:2-4, 7-8

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

If I desire You to remain always close to me then my mouth must praise You continually, giving You thanks for the many mercies You have shown me and the constant shower of blessing that You pour upon me. Yes, I have been an exile when I strayed from You who are my home but it has been my own doing. You never leave me. You never forsake me. It is I who turn my back to You when I allow myself to be lured by my flesh, the world, and the enemy who is constantly on the prowl waiting for me to show the slightest sign of weakness so he can prey on me and devour me.

Grant my Beloved, through the many graces that You shower upon me each day, to contemplate Your love for me, to recall Your many blessings on me and mine from the moment I was conceived until this present moment and to look with hope to a future that will continually draw me ever closer to Yourself and You lead me home to the Kingdom.

The secret of living in joy, in hope, in faith, is praise to You, the God of our life, who never abandons us but will remain true to His Word to stay with us forever.

Luke 9:1-6

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The most tragic thing in all the world is when those who have heard the Good News preached to them reject You because of fear of rejection, or fear of being persecuted, or fear of losing their temporal home, or the comfort of the life they are familiar with. When convinced of the truth that You are the Son of God and the only way to Heaven, they still refuse to believe preferring instead to reject the messenger as well as the Gospel of life rather than lose everything for Your sake and for the sake of the Gospel.

Just as You summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority, You continue to call people to go out into the world, forsaking home, family, and friends to make You known and loved for there is salvation in no other but in You and Your Name. You empower those whom You choose and the more we rely on You to supply all our needs the more effectively will we be able to evangelize and draw the sick, the lonely, the marginalized, the forgotten, the rejected, the outcast, to You. Thank You for revealing to us that You came for the sick not for the righteous. It is our broken world that needs You. Grant my Beloved that I may never lose an opportunity to make You known and loved. Thank You for Your mercies that are new every morning. Thank You for keeping me always before You and for never forsaking me. Without You I can do nothing. But with You I can do all things because You strengthen me.

No comments:

Post a Comment