Sunday, August 27, 2017

Isaiah 22:19-23, Psalm 138:1-3, 6-8, Romans 11:33-36, Matthew 16:13-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church
and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. Mt 16:18


Isaiah 22:19-23, Psalm 138:1-3, 6-8, 
Romans 11:33-36,  Matthew 16:13-20


Isaiah 22:19-23

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

God has created each of us for a life of good works that He has already planned for us us to do. Should we fail Him He will choose another. I am created by God to love Him, to serve Him, to give Him glory, honor, and praise in this love and He in turn assures me to take me to Himself where I will be happy with God forever. 

What God did for Eliakim is a foreshadowing of the role that Peter will be given by You. He will be granted the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven and He will be given a share in Your authority by binding and losing and a place of honor in the household of God. God will uphold Peter's authority for he stands sure and strong upon the Rock of all Ages, the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Psalm 138:1-3, 6-8

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

May I never delay in giving You the praise, honor, and glory that is due to You. May I join together with heaven in singing Your praises all my days as I come into Your Presence together with all Your people to offer You a Sacrifice of thanksgiving and praise and to worship You.

May I praise You with every breath I breathe. May I always make known Your kindness to me. Leading me from darkness to light and for making the truth known to me. Truth that sets me free. Thank You for always coming to my help and for strengthening me when I had no strength of my own.  I exalt You, and I thank You for watching over me and never forgetting me even though I am unworthy of Your graciousness toward me. 

Romans 11:33-36

Beloved Father of My Lord Jesus Christ, my Lord and my God, I desire to thank You today for picking me up from the gutter, for washing me in the Blood of the Lamb, for filling me with Your Spirit and for clothing me with grace. I know I am not worthy of such favor but You do not consider my unworthiness but instead treat me in according with Your loving kindness and infinite mercy. Undeserving as I am You continue to love me, care for me, and bless me and those I love. You choose to love me not for any of my merits, for I have none, but simply because You are Love. Your nature is Love. Grant me the grace to never forget You and to give You glory, honor, thanksgiving, worship, adoration, love, and praise until my last breath. Amen.

Matthew 16:13-20

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Each of the Baptized is asked this question at some point in our faith journey, "Who do you say that I am?" Like Peter we would have come to understand that You are truly the Christ, the Son of the Living God. And having come to this knowledge we are called not to keep it to ourselves but to proclaim it from the rooftops.  I am called to make this personal discovery of who You are for myself after all that I have experienced of Your very tangible Presence in my life and of Your tender, compassionate, merciful, love for me.

Peter made his confession of faith inspired by the Holy Spirit and to him was entrusted the Keys of the Kingdom. We are called to listen to him and abide by all that the Church teaches. This is the will of the Father, that Peter be granted Your authority as the visible head of the Church that is founded upon You. The One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church is the means through which we will not only come to the knowledge of Truth but eventually to our final resting place in Your most Sacred Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment