Wednesday, August 30, 2017

1 Thessalonians 2:9-13, Psalm 139:7-12, Matthew 23:27-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Whoever keeps the word of Christ,
the love of God is truly perfected in him. 1Jn 2:5



1 Thessalonians 2:9-13, Psalm 139:7-12, Matthew 23:27-32

1 Thessalonians 2:9-13

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

How privileged we are for the tireless efforts of the Apostles and disciples to preach and teach the Good News even in the most hostile environments. They bravely encountered all hardship and opposition so all who heard the Gospel and believed could be saved. They lived exemplary lives and despite persecution and opposition were steadfast in their witness to the love of God. 

Today Paul shows us how we too as parents, teachers, catechists, evangelists, and as members of Your Body out to carry out the same mission that we too have received - we are called live devoutly, justly, and blamelessly. We are called to be sensitive, loving, caring, kind, forgiving, patient, understanding, in every situation as we encourage those entrusted to us to live as children of God. Our reward is this, that those who hear the Word of God believe and are transformed by it.

Psalm 139:7-12

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I am glad of Your intimate knowledge of me. I am glad that You know that without You I am nothing and can do nothing. I am weak, a sinner, unable to help myself, all I am capable of is to cry out to You to lift me up and save me.

I desire always to be in Your Presence so Your gaze is always on me. No matter where I go I am comforted by the knowledge that I am ever in Your sight and I can never hide myself from You. I know that with You to hold my hand to guide and lead me, I will not be devoured by the enemy.

Matthew 23:27-32

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Keep me from hypocrisy of any kind. Keep me childlike in all things. You have said that unless we become like little children we cannot enter the Kingdom of God.






No comments:

Post a Comment