Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Genesis 19:15-29, Psalm 26:2-3, 9-12, Matthew 8:23-27

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I trust in the LORD;
my soul trusts in his word. Ps 130:5


Genesis 19:15-29, Psalm 26:2-3, 9-12, Matthew 8:23-27


Genesis 19:15-29

Dear Love,

Your promises are eternal. The Covenant You made with Abraham and to His descendants covered also his kinsman at the time. His nephew Lot and Lot's family. God saved them because of Abraham for God is ever mindful of His Word and faithful to it. Similarly, Your Covenant of Love covers me and my family and extends down the ages to the thousandth generation. Grant us the grace to do our part in making You known and loved wherever we go. To speak of Your kindness and saving love that gives us a future filled with hope. 

Thank You for sending angels when we need them and for strengthening us through their presence and for saving us through their intervention. Truly You are great and worthy of praise now and always.

Psalm 26:2-3, 9-12

Dear Love,

If my foot is on level ground it is because You have leveled the hills and the mountain tops in my life so I can walk with confidence in the Way that You direct me. The Way that leads to life in its fullness.

Thank You for coming to me morning after morning and for filling my life with the sweetness of Your Presence. Thank You for showing me mercy even though I am so undeserving. Thank You for showing Me the Way, for revealing the Truth and for filling me with Your Life. Direct my footsteps so I do not go follow the path that leads to death. Keep me safe for Yourself and for Your Kingdom.

Matthew 8:23-27

Dear Love,

I have read this passage several time, I have heard it being read, and I have heard so many homilies based on this incident. The boat was caught in a violent storm and You were asleep while the terrified disciples were certain their end was near. Instead of taking their cue from You who slept peacefully in the boat despite it being buffeted about with the winds and the waves. You trusted the Father would keep You safe from the elements. The elements themselves would not dare to engulf You who was their Master. The disciples ought to have known by now that You were Lord and if they had faith they would have let You continue to sleep until the storm died down naturally and they could come to peacefully to shore.

It isn't easy though Beloved. We say we trust You, we have faith in You and Your word, but just like these disciples, when it comes to the testing of our faith we allow ourselves to get petrified, anxious, fearful, and all our good intentions go flying out the window. It is precisely in moments such as these we must be aware that You are present in the very center of our being and that nothing can assail us as long as You are Lord and Master of our lives.


https://bridegroomofmysoul.blogspot.com/2009/08/tossing-in-wind.html
TOSSING IN THE WIND - Jesus Asleep in the Boat

https://bridegroomofmysoul.blogspot.com/2009/04/so-what.html
SO WHAT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment