Monday, March 13, 2017

Daniel 9:4-10, Psalm 79:8-9, 11 & 13, Luke 6:36-38

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life;
you have the words of everlasting life. Jn 6:63, 68


Daniel 9:4-10, Psalm 79:8-9, 11 & 13, Luke 6:36-38

Daniel 9:4-10

My soul's beloved, most merciful God, You show love, mercy, tenderness, and compassion to those who though weak strive to do You will. Count me in this number Lord for I long to please You. I desire to do all You ask of me but I am a miserable sinner. I am self-indulgent, vain, self-righteous, judgmental, critical of the faults of others while all the while all the specks I pick off my neighbor are manifold ten times in me. 

Grant me the grace I need. Keep me faithful. Through the power of Your Spirit whom You have graciously granted me and who lives in me, help me with His help to strive to be all that You desire of me. Help me to do better. Help me to strive to please You who are so wonderfully gracious to me even though I do not deserve such goodness Stay with me Lord for without Your hand of protection over me I will be lost forever.

Psalm 79:8-9, 11 & 13

My soul's beloved, You have called me by my name and You have claimed me for Yourself even though I am a miserable sinner. Thank You for treating me not as I deserve but with compassion. I hate the sins I commit, I hate my weakness and my lack of self-discipline. Make a way for me Lord to use the first opportunity to reconcile myself to You in the Sacrament of Penance and with the grace that You so readily make available to me grant that I may strive to do better. Thank You for never forgetting that I belong to Your fold and for keeping such careful and tender watch over me.

Luke 6:36-38

My Lord and my God! My soul's beloved thank You for Your reassurance once more of the Father's mercy towards me. Thank You for reminding me to stop pointing my fingers at others and to examine myself first for I am more sinful and more weak than those whom I presume to judge and condemn. You warn me most solemnly today that the measure that I use to forgive will be the same measure used for me so help me to forgive completely, promptly, and generously so You in turn will give and forgive me proportionately. 

Thank You for being infinitely gracious and benevolent in granting me Your favor even though I am unworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment