Wednesday, February 22, 2017

1 Peter 5:1-4, Psalm 23;1-6, Matthew 16:13-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


FEAST OF THE CHAIR OF ST. PETER, APOSTLE

You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church;
the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. Mt. 16:18




1 Peter 5:1-4, Psalm 23;1-6, Matthew 16:13-19


1 Peter 5:1-4

My soul's beloved, thank You for establishing Your Church with Peter at its head. Today he reminds all the successors of the Apostles their true mission as they feed and lead the sheep called by Your Name. May we in turn pray for them everyday, support them, thank them, and refrain from doing anything to make their work more difficult than it is. 

Keep them safe from all evil and fill them with Your Holy Spirit that they may always remain faithful to the authority of Peter. May their work in Your vineyard bear fruit a hundredfold so many may come to know You , love You, and believe in You.

Psalm 23;1-6

My soul's beloved, this is my favorite psalm for it assures me that I am Your sheep, I belong to Your flock and You will take care of me always. Because I belong to You who are God, the Son of God, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity I shall want for nothing for You will supply all my needs. Nothing can disturb my peace for You Yourself will take me by the hand and gently lead me beside cool waters where I can quench my thirst. I can lie in peace in the cool green promise of Your unwavering, steadfast, infinite love.

Should storms arise, should I be faced with evil, or the reports of impending evil I shall not fear for I shall cling to Your promises that nothing can harm me as long as You are by my side. You invite me daily to the banquet table and there You feed me on the finest wheat and on wine sweeter than honey from the honeycomb and I am strengthened and receive all I need to journey from this life to the next.  I have Your assurance that only Your goodness and kindness will follow me and hem me in all my days and at last when this earthly life comes to a close You will receive me in Your Kingdom there to live with You forever. 

Matthew 16:13-19

My soul's beloved, today You ask me, "But you ---- Mine, who do you say that I am?" and I respond with Peter, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Through the free gift of faith received at my baptism I make this proclamation and I believe in it. You are my Lord and my God. You are my soul's beloved, You are my delight, my hope, my song. You give me all I need. Having You I have everything and I need nothing but You always. Fill me, with Your grace to the brim, shaken together and running over and may all that You grant me spill over into every life that touches my own. Keep me faithful and true all the days of my life. Keep me close to the Church and I shall never be lost. Use me for Your glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment