Thursday, December 15, 2016

Isaiah 54:1-10, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13, Luke 7:24-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths:
All flesh shall see the salvation of God. Lk 3:4, 6




Isaiah 54:1-10, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13, Luke 7:24-30

Isaiah 54:1-10

My soul's beloved, who can speak as tenderly and lovingly as You do? No one. No earthly creature can love as You love. I thank You for all the reassurances of Your loving kindness and faithfulness that You have expressed so eloquently today through the mouth of the prophet.

You have blessed me with greater blessings than I deserve or could ever imagine. Even as I grow in years Your loving kindness and faithfully grow even more. You have given me so much and I in return give You so little. Yet, to console me and tell me not to be discouraged of my sinful past for You have forgiven me and have restored to me all that I had lost. Not only are You my Maker, my Redeemer, my Savior and my God but You are the One who constantly woos me with such exquisite tenderness. Even though I am often unfaithful Your faithfulness is unwavering. You have loved me even when I rejected Your love and turned willfully from you preferring to wallow in the mire of my sins.

Thank You for covenantal love for me even though I am so completely unworthy of it. Thank 
You for Your mercy that never ends.

Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13

Thank You my soul's beloved for rescuing me from sin over and over again. Thank You for depriving the devil of the satisfaction of enticing me with lies. I deserved eternal death but Your great mercy saved me. I praise You for all that You have done for me for entering into the pit of death and taking upon Yourself the punishment that was mine. Thank You for changing my mourning into dancing and celebration over and over again when You have once again led me from the brink of destruction to the Sacraments of Healing, restoration and feeding me at the Banquet of Love.

There may be sorrow and tears still in store for me but I know that You walk beside me and I have no need to be afraid. For You my God are with me. You will wipe away my tears and You will always change my mourning to gladness.

Luke 7:24-30

My soul's beloved, continue to assist me through the remaining days of Advent so I may look to Your coming this Christmas with a heart ready for You. Help me not to worry about my past for You have forgiven me but help me look ahead with faith and hope. Thank You for the place prepared for me and as I live each day from moment to moment, help me not to be afraid but rather walk in the radiance of Your light and Your truth. When You come for me Lord whenever that may be, with Your grace I will be ready and waiting with great joy and anticipation for Your coming. 


(All the people who listened, including the tax collectors,
who were baptized with the baptism of John,
acknowledged the righteousness of God;
but the Pharisees and scholars of the law,
who were not baptized by him,
rejected the plan of God for themselves.)











No comments:

Post a Comment