Monday, November 14, 2016

Revelations 1:1-4, 2:1-5, Psalm 1:1-4 & 6, Luke 18:35-43

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
whoever follows me will have the light of life. Jn 8:12

Revelations 1:1-4, 2:1-5, Psalm 1:1-4 & 6, Luke 18:35-43

Revelations 1:1-4, 2:1-5

My soul's beloved, I believe in the testimony of the Apostles and above all to the revelation of the Father Himself about  You. Grant me the grace I need to listen and obey. You know me, You know when I sit and when I stand, You know my thoughts before I even think them. You know my weaknesses and my strengths. Grant me the grace to endure all for Your sake. Keep me faithful always. If I am called to suffer for You help me not to run and hide with fear rather give me courage and boldness. Help me to be aware of my sins, my failures, my shortcomings, and grant me the grace of true repentance so I may never be separated from You my Lord and my God.

Psalm 1:1-4 & 6

My soul's beloved, You are the Vine and we are the branches. We are fed from the Sap of the Tree of Life. You give us all we need to live holy lives, to desire what is holy, to actively seek all that is holy and to model our lives on those holy men and women who have gone before us for they have modeled their lives on You. In baptism we have been grafted to You. We have our roots deeply embedded in You and from You we receive food and drink for our nourishment which in turn helps us to bear good fruit in every season. Thank You for Your assurance that You watch over those who belong to You.

Luke 18:35-43

My soul's beloved, You approach me everyday and You heal me of my blindness. You fill my empty begging bowl with rich graces as I feast at the Eucharistic Banquet. You hear every cry, every sigh and You invite  me to approach You because You care for me. There will always be obstacles in my way, obstacles of my own making, my own weaknesses and sins. Like the blind beggar, I too know who You are and that I can always trust You to meet all my needs. You are a God of compassion, mercy, and love. You are the Good Shepherd who goes in search of the one lost sheep and rejoices when the sinner returns home. You have healed me of my blindness and I now follow You closely. Stay with me Lord and keep my hand in Your own so I may never stray from the path that leads to life.


No comments:

Post a Comment