Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Ephesians 6:1-9, Psalm 145:10-14, Luke 13:22-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

God has called us through the Gospel
to possess the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thess 2:14


Ephesians 6:1-9, Psalm 145:10-14, Luke 13:22-30

Ephesians 6:1-9

My soul's beloved, our whole life must be one that is trained in obedience from our earliest years beginning with obedience to our parents and as we go through life obedience to those in authority over us. We in turn when having authority over others beginning with our role as parents we are called to exercise that authority with wisdom in order that we may raise our children in the knowledge of God. In the work place we are called to work with honor and with sincerity for while we work for a human person we must in fact work as if we were working for God in this way we will strive to work to the best of our ability to please Him. We will be called to give an account of how well we have discharged our duties as children, parents, workers under the authority of others, and as having authority ourselves over others. In all things we must never forget that in the end it is God alone whom we serve. Let us do so with fear and trembling because You my soul's beloved showed us how to lay down our lives in the service other others.   

Psalm 145:10-14

My soul's beloved, everything around me speaks to me of You. It moves me to praise and glorify You in all things. The sky, the soft, cool breeze as the hot winds of summer slowly mellow before the arrival of winter cold. The beautiful azure sky, the sound of the sparrows chirping sweetly in perfect harmony. The warmth of  friendship. The love and laughter of spouse and children. Life is beautiful despite the ugliness that mars our world. If we keep our focus firmly on You, remembering always that our goal in this life is to view all things through the perspective of the Gospel and the destiny that awaits all who know You, love You and serve You joyfully in this life.  Taking heart that no matter how faithless and wicked the world is,  You my soul's beloved are always faithful and that we are never alone for You remain close to us who cling to You for help as You constantly stoop over us and sustain us with Your life and love. Thank You.

Luke 13:22-30

My soul's beloved, today's Gospel is a warning to us who believe that because we know You we will be granted entry into Your Presence. Mere knowledge of You means nothing. You call us to imitate You. It is not enough to go about bustling through life, making a big noise over the work we do, the prayers we say, the prayer meetings we attend, all our sermonizing, and self-righteous nit picking of others we consider less than ourselves because their shortcomings are visible and ours are carefully hidden from the sight of the world. To us you will say, when we find the door closed against us, "I do no know you, depart from Me." 

Help me my soul's beloved, to recognize that I am nothing without You and without the grace and help You pour upon me each day. Without You and Your merciful love I would die in my sins and be lost forever. Stay with Me Lord all the days of my life so I too may be numbered among those who recline at table with You in the Kingdom. Help to realize that I am in truth Your own little nothing only with You raising me and making me one with You does my own life have meaning and purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment