Thursday, September 29, 2016

Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, Psalm 138:1-5, John 1:47-51

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

FEAST OF THE ARCHANGELS SAINTS MICHAEL, GABRIEL & RAPHAEL


Bless the LORD, all you angels,
you ministers, who do his will. Psalm 103:21


Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, Psalm 138:1-5, John 1:47-51

Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14

My soul's beloved, divine love is a fire that does not consume. God who is, who was, and who ever shall be dwells in inaccessible light that shines brighter than a thousand suns and in Him there is no darkness. This love that emanates from Him blazes forth and all in heaven fall down and worship Him for He alone is worthy of worship. His love upholds all things, sustains all things, gives life to all things and if He should take it away nothing will be. The Eternal Love of the Father manifests itself, becomes visible, takes shape and form in the Son of Man who is One with Him from all ages. "God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God begotten not made, consubstantial with the Father." This is the Son of God and the Son of Man who in perfect obedience to the Father permitted Himself to fall into the ground and die in order that the whole world be saved and redeemed and share in His Life and His Love.

Thank You my souls' beloved for giving up Your Life so that I may live.


Psalm 138:1-5

My soul's beloved, we were created to worship God for in this worship, praise, adoration, and thanksgiving lies our joy. You are always attentive to the sound of my cries and You hasten to help me. I am among those privileged to come before You each day and along with the angels and saints in heaven and on earth to offer You the greatest Sacrifice of Thanksgiving and Worship in the Holy Mass.

Thank You for Your never failing kindness towards me even though I am unworthy. Thank You for not looking at my sins in order to judge me but for looking at me in love and tender compassion and helping me in my daily struggle to overcome my frailties. Each time I call You answer me, Your love strengthens me and enables me walk in confidence for You walk beside me. All dominion, glory, and power have been given to You and all in heaven and on earth bow down before You - all sing the same hymn praising You for leading us from darkness to freedom and light, "Great is the glory of the Lord."


John 1:47-51

My soul's beloved, that You are the Son of God is a given, we know it and we believe it. However, there have been many who have claimed to be gods and sons of gods. No god or son of god has ever claimed to be the Son of Man. You entered into our humanity in order that we may enter into Your divinity such is the magnanimity of Your love. Nathanael was impressed because he was meeting You for the firs time and You said of him, "Here is a true child of Israel. There is no duplicity in him." You knew his virtues and praised him for it. Nathanael wondered how You knew this about him and then You said, "Before Philip called you, I saw you under the fig tree." It was this revelation that prompted him to make the declaration of faith in You, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel." You then promised that he would see greater things than what he had just seen, "Amen, amen, I say to you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

Jacob had a dream in which he saw angels ascending and descending from a ladder that reached up to heaven. You are the Ladder that has bridged the gulf between God and our fallen race and the angels, Your ministers, assist us to pass from this life to the next. Thank You Lord for Your obedience even unto to death, death on the Cross to save us.






No comments:

Post a Comment