Thursday, September 1, 2016

1 Corinthians 3:18-23, Psalm 24:1-6, Luke 5:1-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Come after me, says the Lord 
and I will make you fishers of men. Mt. 4:9

1 Corinthians 3:18-23, Psalm 24:1-6, Luke 5:1-11


1 Corinthians 3:18-23

My soul's beloved, St. Paul reminds me today that I belong to You and since You are one with the Father and the Spirit, I am one with the Triune God. The wisdom of the world is folly before You while the sinner believes he can sin with impunity in fact it is because of Your loving kindness and mercy that he lives so he can repent and return to the Father.

Everything belongs to You and along with all, I too am yours in this life and in the one to come. Thank you for claiming me for yourself despite my unworthiness. 

Psalm 24:1-6

My soul's beloved, each day before dawn I seek Your Face and through the day I remain close to You. It is You who do this, You who provide the grace that kindles soul to desire You more than anything. Keep me holy by the power of Your love. Help me to keep away from any sin that would defile my soul and separate us for sin is abhorrent to You. Keep me before Your Holy Face every moment of every day and I will enjoy perfect peace and joy in Your Presence.

Luke 5:1-11

My soul's beloved, how God loves us! He sent You into the world to reveal His awesome love. You taught us the secrets of the Kingdom of God and You  make it possible for us to get there. In this miracle of the great catch You were revealing Peter's mission and that of the Apostles. You were showing them in ways that they could best comprehend what it was that You were calling them to. They were to establish Your Church on earth and it was in obedience to this call that they would put out into the deep, leaving all that was familiar and dear to the behind, and they would haul in a great catch. So great that others would be invited to come and take part in this great work of teaching and preaching the Good News of our salvation so that all could come to know the Truth and be saved.

We may have doubts about what we can do when drawing upon our limited human experience but when we are obedient and at Your Word we cast our nets like Peter despite our preconceived ideas, You will honor Your Word and we will haul in a great catch for Your glory. Thank You for calling sinners to collaborate with You in this wonderful mission of establishing Your Kingdom on earth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment