Saturday, September 10, 2016

1 Corinthian 10:14-22, Psalm 116:12-13, 17, 19, Luke 6:43-49

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him, 
and we will come to him. Jn 14:23


1 Corinthian 10:14-22, Psalm 116:12-13, 17, 19, Luke 6:43-49

1 Corinthian 10:14-22

My soul's beloved, St. Paul reminds us that we cannot drink from the Cup of Life and eat the Bread of Life while at the same time dining with evil. It is true that he was addressing the pagans who once worshipped false gods and offered sacrifices to them. Today our worship of false gods takes other forms. We worship the flesh, we worship the material things that the world offers - they distract us and take away our focus from You. When we misuse the good things of the world and use them for sinful purposes we cease to glorify You by using all the great things that the human mind as fashioned with the intellect that is Your gift to us.

Grant us wisdom Lord and holiness of heart that we may always choose the right, the true, the good, and the beautiful. Keep us safe in the shadow of Your wings.

Psalm 116:12-13, 17, 19

My soul's beloved, there is no worship more pleasing and acceptable to God than the Sacrifice of Thanksgiving, the Holy Eucharist. When we come together as the Body of Christ to offer worship to the Father, as we offer the Sacrifice of Calvary, we open the floodgates of mercy and the treasuries of grace and the Father is pleased to pour upon us every grace and blessing, filled to the brim, shaken together, and running over.  When we raise the Cup of Blessing God fills it with His merciful love that washes us, strengthens us and renews us in heart, mind, soul, body and spirit - He makes us a new creation in You as we eat Your Flesh and drink Your Blood. Thank You my Lord and my God for this awesome Sacrifice of Love.

Luke 6:43-49

My soul's beloved, what kind of tree am I? What type of fruit do I produce? Am I the kind of tree that bears insipid fruit, not very good but not very bad either?  You said, "By their fruit you will know them." You have also said, "A good person out of the store of goodness in his heart produces good, but an evil person out of a store of evil produces evil; for from the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks." There can only be a store of goodness in my heart when I am grafted to You when I am one of the branches that is attached to the Tree of Life. 

You cannot stand hypocrites in fact You condemn them. I cannot say, Lord, Lord, to You in prayer and then indulge in sin. My prayer life and my actions must be in sync. They must play a harmonious melody. It is not possible to have a fruitful prayerful while my actions are displeasing to You. I desire to build my house on a strong foundation - the foundation of the Church, the Church founded by You and has Peter as its rock and You as its Cornerstone so when the flood comes I will stand firm and will not be destroyed by the storm and the flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment