Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Jeremiah 30:1-2. 12-15, 18-22, Psalm 102:16-21, 29 & 23, Matthew 14:22-36

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
Rabbi, You are the Son of God,
You are the King of Israel. Jn 1:49b

Jeremiah 30:1-2. 12-15, 18-22, 
Psalm 102:16-21, 29 & 23, Matthew 14:22-36


Jeremiah 30:1-2. 12-15, 18-22

My soul's beloved, in You God has forged an indissoluble Covenant of Love. With unbreakable bonds He has bound Himself to us. You are the oath with which He has sworn never to destroy the people He created for Himself. Yes, we sinned, and we turned our backs on God and walked away from Him over and over again choosing the path of sin and darkness instead of the path  that brings life and light. 

Sin destroys, sins brings with it death, destruction, and decay but because God has sworn an oath never to destroy the sinner no matter how grave the sin, He sent You into the world to become one like us, taking upon Yourself our sins, our punishment our transgressions and  in exchange You give us Your life in all its abundance. Thank You my soul's beloved for not condemning me to the eternal punishment I deserve but for constantly pleading with me to choose life rather than death. Thank You for Your mighty protection over me. Thank You for coming to me, saving me and remaining in me making my body Your dwelling place. Thank You for the joy of Your love and Your friendship.

Psalm 102:16-21, 29 & 23

My soul's beloved, thank You for coming into the world, for sharing my humanity. Thank You Father for not being deaf to my piteous cries for help and for hearing and answering me. Thank You for the new life that I now share with Christ Your Son, Thank You for the Holy Spirit that enables me to choose life and for providing me with the grace I need each day to remain faithful to You. Stay with me Lord until that last breath that take on earth and awake to eternal life with You in the Kingdom of God. 

“The LORD looked down from his holy height,
from heaven he beheld the earth,
To hear the groaning of the prisoners,
to release those doomed to die.”



Matthew 14:22-36

My soul's beloved, today as always You say, "Take courage, it is I do no be afraid." No matter how high the winds, how strong the waves, and how fragile my boat, I have your assurance that You are with me and You will not permit a hair of my head to be harmed for You are my Lord and y God and I belong to you. You have claimed me for Yourself and even though in life I will have to face many difficulties and troubles yet I will be calm and untroubled for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff they comfort me. With You declaring Yourself my mighty protector and deliverer evil has no power over me. I belong to You in life and in death. I don't need to touch the tassle of Your cloak in order to be healed - I eat Your Body and I drink Your Blood and in doing so I receive life and strength for the journey that will take me from this life to eternity to the glorious destiny that awaits me once this poor life of mine comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment