Friday, July 22, 2016

Song of Songs 3:1-4, Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9, John 20:1-2, 11-18

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Feast of St. Mary Magdalene


Tell us, Mary, what did you see on the way?
I saw the glory of the risen Christ, I saw his empty tomb.

Song of Songs 3:1-4, Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9, 
John 20:1-2, 11-18


Song of Songs 3:1-4

Seeking God & Finding Him 

I sought Him,
whom my heart has known,
In eternity,
Returning to the haunts where He,
And I met frequently,
Thirsting once again to see,
The One who set me free,
Who died upon the Cross so I,
Could live in liberty.

I found Him,
Whom my heart has known,
In eternity,
I walked on holy ground as I,
Ascended Calvary,
Nailed upon a rough hewn Cross,
For all the world to see,
I fixed my gaze upon my God
And He looked down at me.



Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9

O Lord You are my God,
It's You I long for.
O Lord You are my God,
You're all I need.
Fill me Lord I pray,
With Your sweet Presence.
Come fill my life anew,
With light and grace.
It's You alone who are,
My cup and portion.
You alone can slake
The thirst within.
Call and I will hasten,
To Your Presence
Imbued by Love,
At last eternally.


John 20:1-2, 11-18

Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?
Whom are you looking for?”

.... go to my brothers and tell them,
‘I am going to my Father and your Father,
to my God and your God.’”
Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples,
“I have seen the Lord,”
and then reported what he told her.

My soul's beloved, today You and the angels tell me not to weep. You are God, You have risen from the dead and You are with me always. You desire that I share in Your life, enter into Your joy, and experience Your peace. You are Emmanuel closer to me that I am to myself. I hope in You, I trust in You, I adore You. I believe all that You have said my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment