Thursday, June 2, 2016

2 Timothy 2:8-15, Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 13, Mark 12:18-27

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Timothy 2:8-15, Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 13, Mark 12:18-27

2 Timothy 2:8-15

My soul’s beloved, the one truth that can lift us up from despondency and anxiety is this, that death does not have the final word. You crushed it and have won a glorious victory over it. Death is not the end of live but is the gateway to life anew eternally with You in the Kingdom of God. All the little troubles and even big ones we endure with faith for we have a hope that nothing can extinguish we have placed all our trust in You and Your Word. Many Christians suffer greatly for Your Namesake but they do so with courage without hatred for their enemies for You have taught us that suffering is necessary. It has the power to strengthen and purify and through it You are able to draw great good. St. Paul assures u that if we die in You we shall also live with you. If we endure with You, we shall share in Your reign. However if we deny You then we can be certain You will deny us before Your Father in heaven. If we are unfaithful though You are always faithful for You cannot be false to Yourself for You are Love and Love is always faithful.

Help me my soul’s beloved to live in peace and in harmony and never to be the instrument of quarrel and division which is the work of Satan. Help me to be a tireless, and joyful worker in Your vineyard.

Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 13

My soul’s beloved, thank You for the gift of Your Holy Spirit who teaches me Your ways and guides me along Your paths. Who enables me to walk in integrity and in truth every moment of every day. You love sinners although You hate sin and You do not abandon us but seek and find us, forgive and console us and enable us to start anew with fresh hope and renewed faith because of Your tender love and compassion. Teach me have true humility of heart for nothing is more displeasing to You than a proud and haughty spirit. Teach me to me meek no matter how difficult my circumstances are. Teach me to be silent under the hand of those who would destroy my inner peace and my own pride that tempts me to sin. You have shown me the way help me to walk in it.

Mark 12:28-34

My soul’s beloved, when this teacher of the law puts the question to You asking You, “Which is the greatest commandment?” He did not do so in order to trap You he wanted to hear the truth from Your lips. You summed up the entire law and the commandments when You declared that we must love God with our whole beings and our neighbor as we love ourselves. The man agreed and he then was inspired to say that nothing is more important than love for God which comes above and before all and then love of those around us. No other pious practices can come close to living out the great commandment of love. The sincerity of this man pleased You and You praised him in front of all those who were present for there were many in the crowd who were there only to find fault with You so they could trap You.

Today my soul’s beloved grant me all the  graces necessary to live out the two great commandments of Love first for God and next for all those I will encounter this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment