Friday, May 20, 2016

James 5:9-12, Psalm 103:1-4 8-9, 11-12, Mark 10:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

James 5:9-12, Psalm 103:1-4 8-9, 11-12, Mark 10:1-12

James 5:9-12

My soul’s beloved, James gives us a lot of great advice on how to lead a life that is pleasing to You. We find it difficult to get along sometimes because we are selfish. Yes, Lord we do have the example of good, holy people who lived in the world but were not of it and through patience and perseverance they overcame with courage so many hardships. So often we are tested lightly and are found wanting yet we have so many heroes of the faith who suffered greatly; some even to death, but they were triumphant in the end. 

Help me never to get so bogged down with sadness at the sufferings of others but let me pray that they may have courage to take up their cross daily and follow You. And may I remember always that in life and in death I am Yours.

Psalm 103:1-4 8-9, 11-12

My soul’s beloved, I adore You, I love You, I worship You. I offer You thanksgiving and praise and I am deeply grateful to You for forgiving me all my sins and for healing all my afflictions. You are a God of compassion and love, slow to anger because You love so greatly and deeply. Your anger lasts but a moment even though I deserve Your anger but Your tender mercy lasts forever. Help me not to get bogged down by the sorrows of those around me, rather show me how to lift them up for in You we can always find renewed hope, faith, and courage. Thank You for loving me and for the grace to love You in return.

Mark 10:1-12

My soul’s beloved, nothing that the Church teaches is obscure. It does not muddy the waters by interpreting Your Word with any touchstone other than the truth, no matter how harsh, bitter, or difficult it may be. Marriage is a holy and sacred institution and it is formed after the divine communion of Persons in the Trinity. We enter into it lightly and we make for ourselves a burden too difficult to bear because we have not sought out Your will. We have joined into a lifelong union without considering whether we are suited or not. We have then to live yoked for the rest of our natural lives in perfect misery and discord. We suffer and those around us suffer too because they see our unhappiness. 

We thank you for the Synod on the Family and we pray that the Church can find a way to help so many badly scarred marriages to find healing, hope,  and communion once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment