Thursday, May 26, 2016

1Peter 2:2-5, 9-12, Psalm 100:2-5, Mark 10:46-52

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

St. Philip Neri

1Peter 2:2-5, 9-12, Psalm 100:2-5, Mark 10:46-52

1Peter 2:2-5, 9-12

My soul’s beloved, St. Peter urges us who have tasted Your goodness, to choose to remain close to You walking always in integrity, truth and love. We who are baptized into Your Body are living stones with You for Your life flows into us as its members. We are precious in the sight of God for we have been redeemed and purchased by the Life of the Son of the Most High. We are a chosen race, a community of priests-kings, a consecrated nation, a people God has made his own for a purpose, to proclaim His wonders in a world that is increasingly being darkened by sin. We are called to shed Your light so that others too may walk in it.

To live a blameless life in a world that seems hell bent requires courage. We are battling against diabolical evil that is being cleverly hidden – lies are called truth and those who refuse to give in are being persecuted. However the darkness cannot put out the Light of the resurrection. We have courage because You have overcome the world.

Psalm 100:2-5

My soul’s beloved, all who serve You are blessed for they recognize that it is a privilege to labor in Your vineyard. There is no sweeter reward than the inner joy one experiences because one knows that no matter how small the work is, it is a necessary task, undertaken for Your sake.  Not all of us are called to do great things like the Apostles and St. Paul and other great Saints whose lives illumine the Church with their brilliance; but as Blessed Mother Teresa said, we can do the little things with great love and they will be just as pleasing in Your sight. Thank You for the privilege of beginning the day by participating in the celebration of the one, holy and perfect Sacrifice of the Holy Mass.  Thank You for enabling us join the courts of the Cherubim and Seraphim along with the communion of Saints as we praise, adore and worship the Triune God. Thank You for Your everlasting goodness and kindness shown to us always.

Mark 10:46-52

My soul’s beloved, Bartimaeus had courage. It is a courage I often lack and this is why in Your word to me today You have asked me to exercise courage. So many things were working against him that day when he chose to sit beside the road going to Jericho knowing that You would be passing by that day. He was a beggar, he was blind, all he had in the world he was carrying with him. He was truly one who seemed to have fallen between the cracks and  was forgotten by the world; yet his faith, hope and courage had not dimmed. He was not beaten into cowardice by his circumstances. He saw his chance and he boldly took it.

There is so much I can learn from him. I too am a spiritual beggar and if my attitude is like his then I will  always ensure that I stay on the path where I know I will encounter You. I will raise my voice in praise, worship and thanksgiving to You even though a world absorbed in itself might try to shut me up. You will always hear me and call me and grace granted so benevolently to me will permit me to come into Your Presence. I will take heart and be filled with courage as I approach You and make all my desires known to You and You will say to me as you said to him, “Go your way, your faith has made you well.” I will regain clarity of vision and I will follow You with renewed joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment