Sunday, March 6, 2016

Joshua 5:9, 10-12, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, Psalm 34:2-7, Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
 
Joshua 5:9, 10-12, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, Psalm 34:2-7, Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

Joshua 5:9, 10-12

My Beloved, the Lord tells Joshua that He has removed from them the stain of Egypt. You too have delivered us from slavery and bondage to sin and set us free from the shackles that held us captive to sin. We now walk in the freedom of the children of God.  For a while we had to be fed until we learned to put into practice all You have taught us and having given us Your Holy Spirit who dwells in us, we are able to live holy lives. Thank You for giving us the New Manna – the Holy Eucharist which will not cease to be our Food until You come again in glory.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21

My Beloved, in You the old has passed we now live in the New Covenant age – a new world that is liberated from the clutches of Satan through the Sacrifice of Yourself on the Cross. You exchanged our death for Your life. You took upon Yourself all our hideous sins and having absorbed them in Your Passion and death You made us a new creation, members of Your Body, children of God and co-heirs to a Kingdom. We are Your ambassadors and wherever we are we represent You as we live our days in holiness and invite everyone else to do the same. We are called to be holy just as our heavenly Father is holy; we could not do it on our own and so You have poured Your Holy Spirit into our hearts and it is He who enables us to cry out 'Abba, Father.' If God is our Father then we are His children and You Beloved are our Brother.

Psalm 34:2-7


Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

My Beloved how grateful I am that You came for tax collectors and sinners. Created in love by the Father He was not about to give up on me. This beautiful parable addressed to the self-righteous Pharisees and scribes who looked down on sinners with contempt is most consoling to those of us who know that without the merciful love of God we would be forever condemned to exile from Him.

Thank You my Beloved for giving us such a powerful portrayal of the Father’s love.  Abba Father thank You for keeping a watchful eye out for me. Even when I had distanced myself from You, You did not give up on me but waited and watched for my return. And when I came back to my senses I found You waiting eagerly for me. You welcomed me back home just as joyfully as the father in the parable and You restored to me all that I had squandered. Thank You Beloved for revealing the Face of the Father to me in Yourself. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment