Saturday, February 20, 2016

Deuteronomy 26:19-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, Matthew 5:43-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Deuteronomy 26:19-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, Matthew 5:43-48

Deuteronomy 26:19-19

My Beloved, God our Father has vowed that anyone who believes in You and that it is He that sent You will belong to Him and will be sacred to Him. You were sent into the world to show us the way to the Father in fact You are the Way, You are the Truth and in You we receive Your Life in abundance. If we listen to Your Voice and obey Your Word God will make a Covenant of Love with us making us His very own people. Everyday God renews His Covenant with us as we listen to You and live out the two great commandments in our lives – to love God above, before and beyond all and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8
My Beloved, You grant me grace sufficient each day to keep Your commandment of love. I know that I disappoint You several times a day when I have not been faithful. When I have chosen to do what I want rather than that which I ought. Yet, You do not cast me out but continue patiently to help me overcome my weaknesses with the help of the Sacraments. Thank You for loving me all the time. I do love You and I want to be faithful because I want to be pleasing to You. Thank You for the gift of Your Holy Spirit who helps me.
Matthew 5:43-48
My Beloved, You constantly challenge us – we are not called to be mediocre but heroic in virtue. The gospel of the world is totally opposite to the Gospel that You preach and teach. The world teaches us to hate our enemies and to treat them just as they treat us. The world teaches us to wait for an opportunity to strike and hit them back twice as hard as they hit us but You say that if we are to be Your true disciples then we must take the wisdom of the world and spin it on its head – we are called to love our enemy, to do good to those who hate us, to pray for those who persecute us, to extend mercy to those who are unmerciful, unforgiving and unjust. We are called to be a sign of contradiction in the world just as You were. You remind us that God does not discriminate between those who love Him and those who do not but pours His blessings generously on all and if we call God our Father and You our Brother then we must reflect the perfection of God in our lives all the time in this way we can shine Your Light in a world growing increasingly dark with sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment