Friday, January 8, 2016

1 John 4:19, 5:4, Psalm 72: 72:1-2, 14-15, 17, Luke 4:14-22


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 John 4:19, 5:4, Psalm 72: 72:1-2, 14-15, 17, Luke 4:14-22


1 John 4:19, 5:4


My Beloved, You desire us to love everyone because You loved us who are undeserving of love such as Yours. You loved us while we were still sinners and You lay down Your life for us to save us from eternal death and damnation. I cannot say I love You Beloved if I harbor resentment and dislike in my heart for anyone. Love of God demands that I keep His commands and Your commandment is this. Love of God is so all inclusive that no one remains outside the circle of love. The natural and true outcome for loving God is a love for self and neighbor because You first loved me. Born of love which has overcome the world I have received victory which overcomes the world through faith in You. Faith is a divine gift given to those who believe.



Luke 4:14-22



My Beloved, the reading taken from the Gospel of Luke reveals Your mission. It is a mission that is handed down to all Your anointed. I am called to imitate You in all things and You who have called me have empowered me to do all that You have done and even greater things because You have given me Your Holy Spirit – He is Your Gift to me. I can do all things through the power of God working in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment