Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Isaiah 25:6-10, Psalm 23:1-6, Matthew 15:29-37

FEAST OF ST. FRANCIS XAVIER

Isaiah 25:6-10, Psalm 23:1-6, Matthew 15:29-37
 
Isaiah 25:6-10

To the prophet Isaiah it was given to have a greater understanding of what You my Beloved would accomplish for all people in every nation.  By Your first coming, You brought salvation and hope to the world. You have make it possible for us to walk in righteousness and truth by the light of Your Word.  Through the Sacraments and most especially the Holy Eucharist we are given the food that angels envy for it is only given to us sinful though we are.  In this awesome Sacrament we become one with You and Your life becomes our own.

We wait in joyful hope and anticipation for Your Second Coming when You will take us to the place You have prepared for us and there our Lord and our God, "death will be no more. The Lord God will wipe away the tears from all cheeks and eyes; he will take away the humiliation of his people all over the world: for the Lord has spoken."  We will rejoice for there is no God like You our Lord, our God and our King.  Thank You for Your Church- in her every promise You have made is fulfilled.

 Psalm 23:1-6

Beloved, my Lord and my God, You are my Shepherd and I belong to Your flock.  You care for me both physically and spiritually and so I neither need nor want for anything.  You lead me to green pastures when I am weary and there give me rest. In life giving waters You bathe and cleanse me and You revive my soul with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  You anoint my head and consecrate me to Yourself and love, joy and peace are available in abundance. I can count on Your goodness, kindness and mercy to me and mine all the days of my life for I belong to Your household and in it is a place for me forever.

Matthew 15:29-37

My Beloved, You are never deaf to the cries of You people.  You came into the world precisely for this, to save us.  We had no hope before You came into the world and brought along with Yourself love, peace and justice.

You continue to invite all in our broken, sinful world to come to You.  Many refuse Your loving invitation and look for comfort in things that can never satisfy - the things of the world, the flesh and the devil.  But anyone who responds to Your invitation to ascend the mountain with You will be seated and feed and will be granted fullness of life in You.

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment