Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ezekiel 43:1-7, Psalm 85:9-14, Matthew 23:1-12

FEAST OF ST. ROSE OF LIMA

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Ezekiel 43:1-7, Psalm 85:9-14, Matthew 23:1-12


Ezekiel 43:1-7


My Beloved, the prophet Ezekiel saw a vision of Your Second Coming in glory, power and majesty.  You will come to claim dominion of all creation, over all that is seen and unseen. The three Apostles Peter, James, John had a glimpse of this glory with they witnessed the Transfiguration.  At the Resurrection there were no human witnesses, we only have the testimony of the angels.  But the Apostles and disciples did see Your glory as You ascended into heaven and when they could no longer see You, again angels appeared and promised that as You ascended so would You return.  

We long for Your return my Lord but in the meantime You have not abandoned us but continue to abide with us in Bread. Your glory hidden in perfect humility so we can approach You and consume You without fear.  If we saw You as You truly are, more brilliant than the sun, we would die.

Maranatha Lord Jesus! Maranatha!  


Psalm 85:9-14


Today my Beloved, the world hungers and thirsts for peace.  Where is the peace You have given the world? Yet, the lack of peace is not Your doing but ours, we have destroyed it by our sins.  We have rejected Your gift of peace and trampled all over it, and we now cry out and beg You for what we have already received.  We need to recover it and restore it in our hearts, homes, communities and in the world.

You are love and faithfulness incarnate. You are true to Your word. You do not take back Your gifts having given us all that is good but we have squandered it. Help us Lord!

Matthew 23:1-12

My Beloved the test of a true teacher  is when they live what they preach and teach and can confidently say that we must imitate them. But You advised the crowds and the disciples listening to You,  “The teachers of the Law and the Pharisees sat on the seat of Moses. So you shall do and observe all they say, but do not do as they do,  for they do not do what they say." How damning this was to the teachers of the law, no wonder they hated You and plotted to kill You.
 
In my own life Beloved, help me to witness to the truths of our faith in word and to abide by them in truth in every area of my life.  You have taught us how to be humble by Your example help me to practice it.  All I have is what I have received from You because You are good and generous I in turn must share what I have received with the same generosity You have shown  me.
 " Let the greatest among you be the servant of all.  For whoever makes himself great shall be humbled, and whoever humbles himself shall be made great.” Teach me so I may understand what it means to be a servant, to be little, to be the least and all You to be God in all I think say and do.
I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment