Thursday, July 31, 2014

Jeremiah 18:1-6, Psalm 146:1-6, Matthew 13:47-53

FEAST OF ST. IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Jeremiah 18:1-6, Psalm 146:1-6, Matthew 13:47-53

Jeremiah 18:1-6

I want to be in Your hands as clay in the hands of the potter so You my Beloved can shape and mould me in whatever way is pleasing to You.  Use me Lord for Your glory in whatever way You will, or not at all.  Let it ever be as You will not I.  All of me belongs to You.

Psalm 146:1-6

My Beloved, how often in the past I have placed my trust in those whom I believed had power to act in my favor and as many as I did I was disappointed.  Now, after many painful lessons, I have discovered that I need to put my trust in You alone for You my Beloved are faithful.  You keep Your Word.  My help is in You my Lord and my God.  I call the maker of heaven and earth and of all that is seen and unseen, the God of the oceans and all they contain Father, Abba, Dad.  You are a God who is always faithful, always awake and always at work to give me all I need.  Thank You!

Matthew 13:47-53

A disciple of the Kingdom of God will find treasure in both the Old which is revealed in the New and the New which is veiled in the Old.  Together they shine the Light and Power of Your Word which is the source of all life.  

May Your Word be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path all the days of my life so when Your angels come to separate the good from the bad, I will, through grace, be counted with the good - so help me my Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment