Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Amos 3:1-8, 4:11-12, Psalm 5:5-8, Matthew 8:23-27

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Amos 3:1-8, 4:11-12, Psalm 5:5-8, Matthew 8:23-27

Psalm 5:5-8

Verse 8
But I, by your love and grace, 
may come into your house. 
In reverence I bow down 
and worship at your holy temple.

My Beloved, You make it possible for me, through grace, to spend time before You Face to face each morning. You illuminate me.  You are my Teacher.  

Thank You! 

 

Matthew 8:23-27
 
TOSSING IN THE WIND - Jesus Asleep in the Boat


The dark clouds look forbidding,
As they fill a sullen sky,
The keening winds are wailing,
The waves are riding high.

The angry sea is frothing,
Tossing up my boat,
I’m hunkered down and wondering,
How long I’ll stay afloat.
I clench my knuckles grimly,
Head pressing on my knees,
My heart is pounding in my chest,
The rain begins to freeze.
I hear the sound of breathing,
I thought I was alone,
Crawling down the galley,
Cold, sore, wet to the bone.
I find the Master sleeping.,
His hand under His head,
Lying on a pillow,
His cloak around Him spread.
I smile and drawing closer,
I snuggle at His feet,
And though the storm is raging,
I too fall asleep.
In a dazzling flash of lightening,
I am suddenly aware,
That despite the raging storms,
God is always there.

Myra D’Souza/4th August 2009








No comments:

Post a Comment