Tuesday, July 29, 2014

1 John 4:7-16, Psalm 34:1-10, John 11:19-27

FEAST OF ST. MARTHA 

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 John 4:7-16, Psalm 34:1-10, John 11:19-27

 “Yes, Lord, I have come to believe that you are the Christ,
 the Son of God, he who is coming into the world.”
1 John 4:7-16

My Beloved, love alone gives meaning and purpose to life.  Love for God who is Father, Son and Spirit and perfect awareness that the God of love knew me eternally and loves me eternally.  This knowledge of God's love for me must in turn create in me a love for my brothers and sisters for the God of love who created us in love loves each of us to distraction. It is God's love for us and our love for Him and each other that binds us one to the other making us one in God and one with the children of God.  There is meaning and purpose in our lives only when knowing that God loves us we in turn love Him and our neighbor for His sake.

The love that God pours into our hearts overflows and touches all around us, without this love life loses its meaning and savor.  To reach perfection in love is to have reach the Ideal that is God and every day in every way we must grow more in the likeness of God made visible in You His beloved Son through the power of the Holy Spirit who makes His home in us.

Psalm 34:1-10

Verse 10
The mighty may be hungry and in need,
but those who seek the Lord lack nothing.

You have me and I have You my Beloved and having You I desire nothing, I need nothing, I want nothing - I AM SATISFIED.

John 11:19-27

My Beloved, we all have to come to believe and to confess boldly and with conviction as Martha did, Yes, Lord, I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world.”. 

My Beloved, verse 20 tells us that as soon as Martha, the woman of action heard that You were nearing Bethany she got up in haste and went to meet You.  Distraught with grief she cried out passionately when she saw You, “If you had been here, my brother would not have died." Then she said with faith, " But I know that what­ever you ask from God, God will give you.” And You respond that her brother will rise again.  Despite what she said that she believed God would grant You whatever You asked of Him she was still prepared to accept the finality of her brother's death and her belief that he would rise again on the last day. 

You then reveal Yourself as God when You say, “I am the resurrection; whoever believes in me, though he die, shall live. Whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

And Martha makes the confession faith that we must all make at the time of our conversion and after our personal encounter with You, “Yes, Lord, I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment