Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2 Samuel 7:4-17, Psalm 89:4-5, 27-30, Mark 4:1-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Samuel 7:4-17, Psalm 89:4-5, 27-30, Mark 4:1-20

2 Samuel 7:4-17

My Beloved Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, consubstantial with the Father, Son of David and Redeemer of the world, in You every promise made to David is been fulfilled.  You have established God's Kingdom on earth.  The Eternal City is in our midst in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.  You make our body the temple of Your Holy Spirit. Your house and Your reign, O King of Kings and Lord of Lords, is eternal. You are enthroned in heaven, on earth and in the hearts of all men.  You have routed the Enemy saved Your people.

Psalm 89:4-5, 27-30

My Beloved Lord and my God, in You every promise made by the Father is fulfilled in the power of Your Holy Spirit.  You have established the Kingdom of God on earth, it is both visible and invisible in the Church You established with Peter as its head and his successors.  It has Truth as its cornerstone and foundation and You have rendered the gates of hell powerless over it.  It is an everlasting Kingdom and Your rule is eternal.  You govern us with the law of love and You make Your home in our hearts.

Mark 4:1-20

My Beloved, once more You are beside the lake and the crowd is pressing around You forcing You to step away and into a boat.  You move a little away from the shore so all can see You and listen to You. They are hungry for that which only You can give.  You speak of familiar things they can relate to.  

Today's Gospel reading is the oft heard parable of the Sower, the Seed and the Soil.  We can either switch off as the priest reads it or we can be alert for You always have have something fresh and to say and we will hear You if we listen with eager hearts.

What do You say to me as I read this parable today my Beloved? 

The first word You say to me is, "Listen!" 

I am the sower and this mission is given to all the baptized.  Each day I am called to out out and sow the seed of Your Word.  It is not important where the seeds fall, my task is to do my part.  Wherever I go, whoever I meet, whatever I do, my part is to sow.  Whether hearts are receptive or ought never to be my primary concern.  What ought to concern me is - am I faithful to this call?  Do I sow the seeds of Your Word in all I do and say every moment that I am awake as I go about my daily duties in the world?  Am I guilty of idleness, self-indulgence, silence for fear of rejection, constantly excusing my negligence in being active and zealous for the Kingdom?  You will ensure that the seed will bear fruit, You will send the sun and the rain and the Holy Spirit will ensure the yield for the Kingdom, my sole aim is to be faithful the call which lies in doing what You will me to do each day.  
HELP ME MY BELOVED!


No comments:

Post a Comment