Monday, January 13, 2014

1 Samuel 1:1-8, Psalm 116:12-19, Mark 1:14-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
       
1 Samuel 1:1-8, Psalm 116:12-19, Mark 1:14-20


1 Samuel 1:1-8

God's love is not dependent on what we have or what we can give Him.  He loves us just as we are.  In fact it is the one who has nothing that God loves tenderly.  It is our very helplessness that so moves the heart of the God of love to hasten to our side and help us.

My Beloved, I have nothing and I am nothing but with You I am all things and have all things.  Stay with me Lord and be my strength, my hope and my courage.

Psalm 116:12-19

I can repay the goodness of God our Father by offering up to Him the Cup of Salvation, the Sacrifice of His beloved Son.  There is no offering more pleasing to Him.  It rises upwards as fragrant incense more pleasing than any other sacrifice I can offer.

What is pleasing to my God is that I faithfully fulfill all the promises that I make to Him and by living out my life before Him and before the world in a manner that gives Him glory and honor.

Beloved, may I do nothing to kill the life in my soul and thus wound my God.  Grant that I may be faithful all the days of my life.

Mark 1:14-20

The lesser must give way to the greater.  Each fulfills the task that they were created to do and then passes on.  John prepared the way for You and once he fulfilled all that God desired, it was time for him to decrease.  The time had come - Your time my Beloved to bring about the Kingdom of God among men.  

It is not enough to repent and believe, there has to be a radical conversion of life.  A turning away from evil and a turning towards good.  

You call us where we are, in the midst of daily living.  We must be aware and attuned to God so we can hear You and hearing be prepared to leave everything and anything that may hinder us from answering Your call promptly, obediently and joyfully.

A hired man is paid a wage but to the children of God belongs the inheritance.


No comments:

Post a Comment