Monday, December 23, 2013

Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24, Psalm 25:4-5ab, 8-10,&14, Luke 1:57-66

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24, Psalm 25:4-5ab, 8-10,&14, Luke 1:57-66


Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24

My Beloved, before Your coming, before the day of the Lord, You sent prophets to prepare the way and the people to receive You.  They preached repentance and turning away from sinful ways. They make us aware of sin and the need for conversion so when You arrive we can stand before You with clean hands and a pure heart.  

We know that nothing unclean can come into Your Presence my Lord and my God.  Thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation which enables us to start anew and walk once more in intimacy with You. You reconcile us to God and to each other.  You are the Prince of Peace.

Psalm 25:4-5ab, 8-10,&14

Here I am Lord, teach me Your ways, help me to walk in the way of righteousness.  Guide me with the help of Your Holy Spirit.  Let Truth be the lamp that lights my path in the ways of holiness.  Instruct me for You are my Teacher, my Lord , my God, my Savior and my Deliverer.  The humble of heart are pleasing to You for they recognize that they are nothing. They know that all they have received is from the hands of a loving and generous God.  Hide us in Your love and grant us the grace to be obedient to Your law of Love to God and neighbor, only then will we experience Your faithfulness despite the fact that we are weak.  You O Lord have a made a Covenant with us, You will never forget that You are our God and we are Your chosen people  the sheep of Your flock who know Your voice and come when You call.

Luke 1:57-66

In time, in God's appointed time, Your plan unfolds and the glory of God is revealed.  People who witness the marvels You have done praise You and exult in Your goodness and mercy.  You took away Elizabeth's public shame and blessed her with a son.  A long line of prophets through salvation history would prepare the way of holiness and righteousness so Your people could be waiting in readiness for Your coming.

During the nine long months of silence Zechariah communed with You and was granted wisdom and insight into the mind and heart of God.  When his son John was born and the name chosen for him by the Lord was given to him, Zechariah's tongue was freed for everything concerning his son was fulfilled.

You too my Beloved will loosen the bonds that hold us as slaves to sin and You will redeem us.  Open our ears so we may hear You, loosen our tongues so we may speak of Your wonders and praise You in the assembly of Your people.

Thank You Jesus!!



No comments:

Post a Comment