Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Romans 2:1-11, Psalm 62:2-3, 6-7, 9, Luke 11:42-46

FEAST OF ST. MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Romans 2:1-11, Psalm 62:2-3, 6-7, 9, Luke 11:42-46



Romans 2:1-11

My Beloved, if I set myself as judge over my neighbor I am calling judgment upon myself. You remind me that the very things I condemn in my neighbor are the very things I am guilty of. I will be dealt with even more severely for I know what is displeasing to You and therefore have no excuse.

If You have been patient with me thus far it is only because You love me and want me to be saved.You can do nothing with a heart that is hardened by sin, a heart that refuses to change.  You remind us that our own actions will determine what we deserve. Those who have sought to give You glory and honor by desiring to do all that is pleasing to You, will receive eternal union with You as a reward. I must always remember there is no difference between Jew and Gentile - in the eyes of God we are all equal.

Psalm 62:2-3, 6-7, 9

This is my song to You my Beloved every moment I am alive.  You alone are my peace, my rest, my joy, my salvation, my strength, my support, my hiding place. You are my song, my desire, in You alone is perfect peace.  All I am, all I have belongs to You.  Claim me my Beloved as Your own.

Luke 11:42-46

My Beloved, we the self-righteous, the holier than thou are quick to criticize the weak, the ignorant without mercy.  We claim to be knowledgeable  a little better read and we use this to nitpick the mistakes of those who perhaps are ignorant.  You spare no words in condemning the Pharisees and the teachers of the law and it applies to anyone who dares to judge themselves better than the little ones who are humble and meek.

Help me never to forget that if I fail to show mercy none will be shown to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment